Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Finally...Planting Day!






Today was the big Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment night where the sisters of my ward planted flowers at our adopted garden at 'This is the Place Heritage Park'. It was a very good experience. This morning I went to Okubo's Nursery with Amy Curtis and Alice Bolinder. Okubo's was nice enough to match what we spent, so we walked away with about $115 worth of flowers and only had to pay for half.

Amy and Alice went ahead of the rest of us and placed the flowers in the beds right where they need to be planted. It worked out tremendously well because nobody stood around going "where do you think I should put this??"

The end result? Dramatically different compared to what I saw when I first visited these flower beds in April. It was really fun and I'll cross my fingers that the flowers live and it stays pretty like this through the summer.

Here are some before and after shots...

Oh yeah, the one traumatic thing: I lost my voice a few days ago and there is nothing worse than being with a van full of awesome people and not being able to TALK!!! That is probably almost as hard as Nalani only being able to ask 5 questions instead of 20 to somebody she meets! j/k, you know I love you Nalani!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had the caretakers watered so the ground was not like cement? It sure looks purdy!!!

Carrie said...

Yes, the gardeners fixed a broken sprinkler head so it was actually very workable. Plus, Jeff came up and tilled the one side that had all the morning glory so that really helped too. Plus it's raining cats and dogs outside today so hopefullyl that will help water things as well!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful--especially compared to when we went up and pulled weeds out of the rock-hard ground!! What a great project--there are some houses around here that you could work on...

Indiana Clark's said...

Carrie, I would have loved to help with that project!! I love to see places made better! We did that same thing for enrichment last year at a local women's shelter. It was great!