Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Precious, Excited, Kind of Sad, and Amazing

The precious:
I walked into the living room the other day to this scene. Of course Carson was there first and Parker copied him. I wish I could say it was a BYU devotional that was capturing their attention, but that would be a lie. It was a little yellow sponge who wears square pants that put those grins on their faces.


The excited:
My boss gave me this bedding a few months ago. For some reason I didn't put it on Parker's bed until yesterday. I had the camera ready and this was Parker's very first reaction to his cool bed. I know it's hard to tell, but he was very excited!


The "kind of sad":
Today I pulled all my annual flowers out of their beds. It was kind of sad because they are still blooming. But, I decided I'd take advantage of this beautiful 61-degrees day and finish up my yardwork for the year. I also raked the leaves, for the 3rd time this month. Sadly, from the looks of the trees, I still have at least 3 more times to go! Here's a picture of my full lawn cart. I filled it up like this 4 times, good thing the garbage man comes tomorrow!


The amazing:
In the spring-time, Carson's preschool teacher gave him a seed packet full of carrot seeds. Carson planted them in my flower beds. The seeds never grew and we forgot about them. As I was cleaning out my flower beds today I noticed a funny little plant. I pulled it up and a TINY carrot was dangling below! I know it's hard to tell from the picture, but this carrot is about 1/2 inch long. I showed it to Carson, and at first he was totally disgusted until he realized what it was, and then he did the happy dance for a few minutes. That's when I wish I knew how to post videos on my blog!

6 comments:

Curtis and Shandy said...

Your still life of the carrot is just as good as Darren's. Parker is pretty cute.

Jess said...

that's a sweet blog, carrie..

Anonymous said...

that is a great carrot! did carson eat it? (don't tell him, but the reason i stopped growing gardens was because all my veggies looked like that one.

Sarah said...

You do such a good job of keeping your blog updated. That carrot reminds me of the Little Engine that could. So cute.

Thomas said...

I love it when they do the happy dance.
That's how my carrots turned out this year.

Anonymous said...

Another great one!! Those two are quite a pair. Great blog!