Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lots of Stuff

Aaron and Danielle Anderson (Fern's son) got married on August 10th. Aren't they cute?


Fern's 2 out of 3 children were married this year. Let's hope she gets a long break from planning weddings since Melissa is only a Senior in High School! Everything was perfect from the wedding breakfast, to the wedding, to the reception. Good job Fern!!!

The kids had a blast dancing until WAY past their bedtime so they were happy! Here is Parker and his Uncle James (Sam's brother), I think this picture is adorable.


In true form for the Anderson family, the bride and groom drove away from the reception on Fern's new BMW motorcycle!


From that zoo onto another....

My company summer party was at Hogle Zoo this year. Our summer parties are always eventful and very worthwhile. Each year they have amazing prize drawings, this year some of the items included hotel stays, $75 gas cards, a set of Callaway golf clubs, a Nintendo Wii....and I actually won something this year! I won 2 movies: The Truman Show and The Cable Guy. Not as exciting as a Wii or a gas card, but out of 650 people I won something so that's cool. :)

Here is Carson acting like an animal at the zoo. I have no idea what kind of animal, it's hard to know what goes on in his mind but I know it makes perfect sense to him!


The zoo put on a bird show for our company. At one point they asked for a volunteer with a $5 bill. I happen to have a $5 bill so I raised my hand. I held out my hand, holding the money, and a huge raven landed on my arm and took the cash. Then after a few laughs at my expense (big surprise), the bird flew back onto my arm and gave me my money back. It was really fun!


Then we rode the train at the zoo. Excuse the greasy faces, it was like 100 degrees...


Parker loved the train ride so much he still talks about it every day. This picture makes me laugh so hard, check out his face! What a nut!!!


Tonight we had the Jackson Family Reunion, which is Sam's big ol' extended family. It's hard enough for me to keep Sam's immediate family straight, let alone all his cousins and 2nd cousins, but they are always incredibly nice and friendly (even if I can't remember their names!). The kids had fun and ate lots so life is good!



So that's part of what I've been up to this past week. I'll try to be better at regular updates, I spend most of my time these days laying down and trying not to hurl so be patient with me! By the way, my due date is March 17th, St. Patrick's day! Thanks for all of your supportive comments on my last blog post. We are very excited about expanding our family!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great update!! one of my favorite memories from the reception is parker coming up and grabbing around my legs (after james inturupted russ and my dance asking if he could dance- and then started dancing with russ-- complete with his hand on russ' tush!) ....to continue; and parker asked if i would dance with him-- he is sooo sweet!!

Rose said...

I have that exact picture of James holding Zack at Shauna's wedding! Sorry I missed the James/Russ dance. I would have liked to get a picture of that for the memory books.
The reunion was great. The only bad part was that it got dark so soon and everyone had to leave. Did you hear that Kim Jackson got remarried last month? Connie says he is very happy!

Susan said...

We had my employee party this week too and they were giving away a big screen TV. We didn't get it.

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun wedding reception and beautiful setting. Who would have known it was just around the corner from Carl's work!!