Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Carson Rocks!!

Carson has always been my "tender" child. He is sensitive, in a good way! Lately this positive characteristic has really been shining through.

For example:
He loves to help in any way he can. He is especially awesome with Parker. He is the one that taught Parker the alphabet, his colors, and how to count to 20. For real. Here he is helping Parker get his pajamas on.


This morning the kids wanted chocolate milk to drink with their breakfast. I don't buy chocolate milk very often because that is all my boys (Sam included) will drink if it's in the house. I just had a tiny bit left so I poured an equal amount into 2 glasses and gave each child their share. A few minutes later Parker spilled his entire glass of chocolate milk. The look on his face was pure deflation. He was so sad that he spilled his last glass of the good stuff. Without saying a word, Carson picks up Parker's empty glass and pours half of his own milk into Parker's cup. Parker was ecstatic and yelled "Carson, you are so awesome!!!!" Now, I'm just being brutally honest here. If Sam and I each were drinking the last Mountain Dew and Sam spilled his, I would probably laugh and then say "oh man, that sucks, sorry!" and then I would chug-a-lug on my Dew.

So, during this Gratitude season, I must say...I am so grateful for my children and the life lessons they teach me every day. I am such a better person because I have these wild and crazy boys and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

Carson came home from school today with these gratitude messages for each of us:

If you can't read them, they say:
A note to mom: I am thankful for you because I love you
A note to dad: Ue re cool (you are cool)
A note to my brother: Ue re fune (you are fun)

Yep, he's a keeper alright!

4 comments:

Eden said...

That's too sweet.

Leslie Behunin said...

Those little gratitude notes are keepers! Love your blog and your fam! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the cry!! i love your boys too, and i hope that it shows! i think that they learn what they see....

Sarah said...

I loved this post. You'll need to re-read it some days I am sure. I am laughing about the chocolate milk/Mountain Dew analogy. Kids are the best.