Tuesday, June 03, 2008

From Tonight

I took a few pictures, thought I'd share 'em.

First of all, if you haven't already, you have to check out The Pioneer Woman Cooks website because she puts the best recipes on there with lots of pictures and instructions for those of us who are domestically challenged!

Her latest recipe she talked about was "Crash Hot Potatoes" and I decided to give 'em a try and they are super good! My picture isn't as purdy as The Pioneer Woman's but who gives a rip?


They went really well with the steak I made in my cast iron skillet. Don't worry, I managed to cook the steak without actually touching the raw meat! Phew! If I make these potatoes again I will probably add some onion powder or season salt...or garlic. They were really good, but they needed a 'kick'. Ooooh, maybe some Emeril Essence! (I said that for my dad's benefit. He's a BIG fan.)


I promise I TRY to teach my family to have manners at the dinner table....



Cameron cracks me up, check out those cheeks! When we go on walks his cheeks are constantly bouncing up and down with every crack in the sidewalk I cross over. I seriously love his haircut. He's stylin'!


Sam and Cameron: Strike a pose!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm, that steak and potatoes was the shiznit!!! ...and why are my eyes always red? Oh yea, insomnia....

laura said...

steak and potatoes is just about my favorite meal! i'm going to have to check out that recipe!

and that baby is getting cuter by the minute! i love his haircut!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laura. I had Natalie cut it just before she cut Cameron's.

Anonymous said...

i almost remember when i used to cook a well balanced meal...last night we had a costco 'chicken bake' --i told russ that i will try to start adding salad -haha poor guy! .....better than my favorite meal of cold cereal!!

Holly Strong said...

I saw those yummy potatoes and they are on the menu for Monday. I will definitely take your seasoning advice. I was thinking of adding some bacon and cheese. Mmmm!!!!! I'll keep you posted. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cameron's hair (yours is okay too Sammy boy. hahaha) and I especially love those chubby cheeks (Cameron's again Sam!) But most of all i love the pictures of your crazy boys at the table.

Natalie said...

Those potatoes made me hungry. Good job Carrie. Who would have thought that you or I would be able to make domesticity a reality in our homes (to a small extent. I will still never scrap-book). Dang, Cameron is the cutest!

cathy said...

Nice job with the potatoes! And don't' worry, that pioneer woman totally Photoshops her food pics. (I do, too - it makes a huge difference.)

Anonymous said...

carson, you are the grape of my eye!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Any chance I can have Cameron?

Amy said...

The food looks great! Cameron is such a cutie. He is getting big.

nalani said...

Hey I made those potatoes the other night too except I used a garlic olive oil and it gave them more flavor---soooo good and Jed loved them!