Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sheet Rock Time!

First of all, I've been out of commission for a week because my stupid back has flared up. Can I just tell you, I have the most awesome husband, family, and friends ever?? Words cannot express how thankful I am to each and every person who bent over backwards to help me out over this past 8 days. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! I am on the mend now. Still sore and "twingy" but no more spasms. Yay!

Now onto business.

My coolio bro-in-law Jeff has been here for the past 3 days hanging sheet rock. Is "sheet rock" one word or two? Hmmmm, google it and then pretend it's right.

Jeff has been a trooper because the storage area in the mudroom isn't the easiest thing to crawl in and out of. Luckily he had some good helpers who happened to be off track!


He got the arch all covered up.


Mudroom is starting to take shape.


Friday will be a fun day. I think it's the first day of doing mud and tape on the sheet rock. I owe Jeff BIG TIME. I made him bread today, but somehow I think that's not going to cut it. :) Ha Ha!

This view of the mudroom is becoming a faint memory.


Better yet, what about this view?


Speaking of views...
Carson finally understands my point of view regarding cleaning the bathrooms that are occupied by mostly non-female types. I put him to work scrubbing our bathrooms yesterday since my back hates me. As he was on his knees scrubbing the "sunshine" off the toilets, he said "Um, yellow just became my least favorite color." That's right young non-female type... REC-A-NIZE!

Hey, you know what is spectacular? My kids go back on track tomorrow. The next time they go off track will be the end of their school year. You know what that means? Only 7 more weeks of half day kindergarten! Yay for me!! I think I can, I think I can....

9 comments:

laura said...

i can't wait to see the final reveal!

Toni said...

Sorry you have a crappy back. That seriously sucks. Glad u r on the mend and that your house is getting into the final stages. It looks fabulous.

Sam said...

I think if our kids helped more with the sheetrock they would learn to appreciate it more. Jeff is doing a great job, it's exciting to see it all come together.

apoloc

i am not revealing my name- but you know who i am!! said...

i am a sucky sis in law sorry i haven't been there to help you and i didn't know the kids were off track-- i could have taken them for a friday- sorry i suck!! the house does look great though -i love that carson is cleaning bathrooms!! love ya!

fern said...

luvin the bike shirts! way to go russ!!




-lubduck

Natalie said...

Sorry your back hurt. You and Neal were twins, except it was his neck that was spasming out. That is no fun. The reason you had so many great helpers while you were down is because you're a great person to be around and people love to help people who are awesome. If you were a grouchy-man-toothache kind of lady, you would have had less helpers. Being nice pays well!

The mudroom and everything is looking really good!! I remember years and years ago when Jeff helped sheet rock a bedroom in our basement when we lived across the street from Fontella. I was like 8or something.

mindy said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. And the house is looking great. You are a very lucky woman to have so many knowledgable men in your life who are willing to help with this project.

Susan said...

I once read a book written by a mom with four sons. She mentioned that making sons clean the toilet is the best way for them to become aware of what they do.

Carl and Pat said...

It looks like Jeff is holding them hostage with that hammer in his hand and their hands in the air!