Saturday, February 25, 2006

Do Over




Do you ever have days (or weeks) that you wish you could do over? Well, this week was one I wish I could do over with one major change: everybody would be happy and healthy!
As I've already said, Parker had some bowel issues all day Tuesday. It continued into Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday night I started feeling achy and crummy with a congested cough. Friday Carson woke up with a CRAZY red mark on his jaw that didn't go away all day. I took him to the doctor, they weren't sure what it was "just put hydrocortozone cream on it". Since I was in the general area, I decided to pick Sam up from work. As I was in the van waiting for Sam to come outside, Parker threw up some serious stinky stuff. Just after he finished puking, Sam opened the door to the van. I bet that was a great surprise, eh Sam? So, we stripped Parker down to his skimpies right there on the side of the road by LDS Hospital. Good times. Friday night I still felt sick and so did Parker, Carson developed a nice cough. Saturday morning Sam woke up feeling sick, Carson was coughing and hacking all day. Carson finally laid on the couch around 2:00 PM and never moved for the rest of the day. I even took some idiotic pictures of myself and showed Carson to try and cheer him up. It didn't work. In fact, I think he cried. We went to MY mom and dad's for dinner and Carson just laid on their couch asleep. I'm afraid to give Parker anything but crackers and apple juice at this point.... Anyways, I could go on for another page or so, but you get the idea.
Tomorrow is the start of a new week, AND it's Shandy's birthday (happy birthday!). I'm going to think positive...I know we'll all be great tomorrow! well, maybe a little better...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I feel for you. I've been complaining that my kids have had colds all winter. Now I realize I don't have much to complain about.

Sarah said...

These are the days when its OKAY to "dream of your mansion above!" In fact, I am pretty sure that the square footage of your mansion will be in direct proportion to the amount of kid puke you've cleaned up in your life. Looks like the Sweet family will be living large!!!!