Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Just Do It Already!



Sam has had a hard night. It took his bus 2 1/2 hours to get home due to the snow, then he kept finding 100 things to do instead of shovel the driveway and sidewalks. So, while Carrie read the kids their bedtime story, Sam was irritated (not really) because here it is 9:30 PM and the walks were piling higher and higher with the wet snow. So now he is outside doing the dirty work. Don't feel too bad for him though because I just looked out the window and our neighbors took pity on him and shoveled almost everything for him! I guess procrastination really does pay off. We could all learn a lesson from this!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I just realized after looking at that picture of Sam that I really should take down the scarecrow magnet that Carson made at Thanksgiving time!

Anonymous said...

Laziness:Success is a journey, not a destination. So stop running.

Anonymous said...

Love the domestic scene of mother and children--now Sam--that's another story, but we really know he's a softy!!

Anonymous said...

Hard work often pays off after time, laziness always pays off now.

Anonymous said...

*My bus ride did take 2 1/2 hours
*My "100 things" consisted of watching American Whatzit with my wife
*My plan was to shovel at 9:30 after it stopped snowing (it didn't really stop)
*The neighbors helped shovel the front walk and the driveway. We live on a corner so I still did the other half alone.
*I continued on and shoveled my other neighbors sidewalk (I know I'm forfeiting my blessings later by saying this but I've got plenty up there).
*Carrie forced me to make that face, I'm not an angry person.