Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The End Of Summer

Last weekend Carson had Webelos Day Camp so he and I stayed local. Sam, Parker, and Cameron went to Deer Creek to go boating with Fern's family. Even though I wasn't there, I thought I'd share the photos because a lot of fun was had!

Sam's first time wakeboarding this summer. I think his forearm muscles are still paying the price! Totally worth it though if you ask him!!



Oh man, I just love Parker! Everything he does makes me wish I could freeze time so he never grows a day older! Sam laughs at me because I say that about every stage of our kids' lives....well, except the first 2.8 years of Cameron's life. Yep, pretty sure those words were never uttered!


From the boat, Cameron saw the "Heber Creeper" train. Wait, is that the name of it? That looks weird now... Anywho, he was in heaven! Even now if I say "Hey Cameron, did you see the train from Fern's boat??" He'll get super animated and tell you all about the different cars and their names (from Thomas and Friends of course!).


Sam set a goal before he went to Deer Creek. His goal: To teach Parker to wake board. He's tried getting Carson to wakeboard before but Carson would have nothing to do with it! Carson takes after me!! Sam even told Carson he'd buy him an ipod but Carson wouldn't do it. Parker is a little more adventurous. He was happy to give it a shot. This picture makes me happy. Surprise!!! Parker was able to stay up for a few seconds and that is as far as they got this trip. Hopefully he can continue to improve each time. :)


This is my niece Melissa. These pictures of her on the tube are hysterical! How can anybody hang around Melissa and NOT be in a good mood? Look at that smile, even in the face of extreme tubing danger! ha ha! Love these!!!





Sam and Parker tubed as well. The driver of the boat was very kind and didn't get all crazy on them!


I can just imagine the conversation that took place at the moment of this picture:
Sam: Alright Parker, let's do thumbs up!
Parker: What? How old was I last year?
Sam: Yeah, thumbs up!
Parker: Holds up 6 fingers
Sam: *facepalm*


Once Parker was safely back in the boat, all considerations were off the table. The new goal: dump Sam! Another reason for the sore forearms.





Monday we celebrated the 24th of July, Pioneer Day!
We didn't do too much actually. Sam mowed some grass and we watched the parade on
TV. Our Stake's float won the People's Choice award! Very very cool! That evening we went with my parents to the park for a picnic. It was a perfect day with lots of clouds. Without involving the kids, Sam filled up two coolers full of water and brought water toys to the park. They were quite surprised when a full blown water fight erupted out of nowhere!








Yesterday was the first day of school for Carson and Parker. Carson is in 5th grade and Parker is in 2nd. I didn't get any pictures in the morning. Tsk Tsk. About 20 minutes before school let out, the clouds gathered and the rain and hail came thundering down!!! It was so funny! My kids usually walk all the way home, but I took a little pity on them and met them halfway with the van. Holy moly, they were SOAKED! When we got home they decided to just play in the rain. Their interpretation of playing in the rain means laying and playing in the gutter water. Part of me is so grossed out by this, but part of me thinks it's just awesome!







The best part: the mailman had pulled up to our mailboxes but he couldn't get out of his truck because the weather was so ridiculous. He just sat there for like 30 minutes. I'm sure he looked at my kids and thought, "where are their parents for crying out loud!".


On an unrelated note, and just so you don't think that all I ever do is complain, I am starting to feel much better regarding morning (all day) sickness and this pregnancy. I'm almost 16 weeks along and now I just get pukey feeling later in the evening, around 9pm. That's much better than feeling sick all day and every day! I feel like a whole new woman! I should be getting my ultrasound in about 3 weeks. I'm pretty excited to see what this little bambino is going to be!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

A girl would be awesome!

For the life of me, I cannot get up on a wake board. Sam looks like he has it down pretty good!

Once upon a time, during a late summer down pour similar to yours, Laurel sat out in the flooding gutter at the bottom of Fontalla's street (our house), with a sign that said, "SPASH ME!"

Toni said...

I didn't know you were preggers! Congrats! No doubt, another cute, Sweet boy with hilarious stories of his daily quibbs and antics. Can't wait!

Fern said...

Even though I live some of what you blog-- it is always sooo much better when I read it in your words!! Love the boys expression-- love those boys!!

Sam said...

On the lake is how I would love to spend my summers. I swore I was going to beef up my forearms so I wouldn't choke and have to let go of the rope so early in the day, but alas...

Parker did great and I think the boys beat me in the water fight. Thanks for documenting it. The best is when Cameron unexpectedly squirted you and your mom!

Carl and Pat said...

I thought this was such a great idea--the water fight. Great dad, that Sam!

Maria said...

Love the pics and can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl... I'm partial to girls and have my fingers crossed...