Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hanging Around

Wow, I'm really struggling to keep this blog current! I used to take my camera everywhere. I still do, but it usually stays in the vehicle instead of actually being used!

I finally went outside this evening and took some pictures just so I could add them here. Oh yeah, I accomplished something!

Before I get to that, I wanted to give you an update on my nephew, Jake. First of all, thank you so much to everyone who expressed an interest in helping send his family on a vacation a few weeks ago. We were able to raise enough money to fund the trip which was so generous. If you want to see pictures from the trip, read For the Sake of Jake's blog, the Sept 15th and Sept 17th entries. While you are there, go ahead and read the Sept 21 and Sept 25th entries as well. The amount of love shown to Jake's family over the past year has inspired me and has taught me life lessons I will never forget. Jake's mom, Rose (my sister-in-law) also has a personal blog with updates and family pictures: click here. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rose is probably the most faith-filled person I've ever known. Her perspective through this larger-than-life trial has been incredible. Unfortunately, Jake is in his final days. He is bed-ridden, drinking juice once in awhile. We were able to go visit him on Monday night and tell him we love him. I'm so thankful for that opportunity. His whole body is covered in cancerous tumors except his face, forearms, and feet. It brings me to tears to think about how much pain he is in but I'm so thankful he is surrounded by a loving family and a loving neighborhood who come over regularly to help the family.

Here is what we've been up to the past few days here on the home front.

Cameron LOVES his plasma car. These things rock and I highly recommend them. He seriously could spend hours a day outside riding it.




Actually, it's a good thing Summer is over. The way he drags his feet while riding the plasma car has done a number on his flip flops! ha ha!


Something I've been meaning to blog about for awhile and keep forgetting: When I had my first ultrasound, Cameron was with me. You know how the ultrasound is in black and white? Well, a few days after the ultrasound, I heard Cameron tell somebody "I'm so excited to meet my black baby sister!". I laughed it off because I totally understood why he'd think she was black. Then the next week in church, his nursery leaders were laughing when I picked him up because they said "I hear you are having a black baby girl!!". Whoops, I guess I should explain to Cameron that she will be white. He'll probably be very disappointed. Actually, I'll probably just wait until Cameron meets her. You know, let him figure it out on his own. It's good for him, right?

Guess what 2nd grader FINALLY learned to ride a bike? This guy!


On Friday night Parker learned. On Saturday morning Parker said to me: I just thought I was a scooter guy! Now I know I'm a bike guy too! ha ha! I just love that kid!

Fall time is real purdy in my yard. I have these amazing blooming mums and dahlias in my island. That purple dahlia is as big as Parker's head!



My Zinnias are super tall and gorgeous this year. Love the Zinnias!



I planted a ton of pumpkins this year. But it only looks like 3 or so pumpkins are actually growing. OH well, seeds are cheap. This one looks like a watermelon but I'm pretty sure it's a pumpkin!


Well, Cameron has been soaking in the tub for the past 20 minutes, I guess I should go wash his pruney booty! G'night!

4 comments:

The Airharts said...

Haha-I was thinking.."yeah the plasma cars are great but you have to buy 30 new pairs of shoes to go with them" then you had the picture of the flip flop...haha. I cant wait to hear about him finding out the baby looks just like him:) Seriously I am so jealous of your fall flowers! Amazing! Sorry about your nephew, so so sad!

Carl and Pat said...

Do they make steel-toed shoes for toddlers? Good for Parker..he is so proud of himself! Those three are non-stop entertainment!

Angela said...

Your flowers are amazing. I planted some mums in the ground and they just died. You must have a green thumb.

Ginger said...

We just threw away our plasma car today because we wore it out, only we called it a wiggle car. Not sure that we'll get another one, I get excited when I can throw away another toy.

Sorry to read about your nephew. While it's hard to imagine what you are all going through, and honestly, hard to read about, it makes me want to cry, it's nice to read that there is so much good surrounding tragedy, too, bringing out the best in people.