Thursday, May 24, 2012

Same Ol' Stuff, Different Day

We are continuing to find nails in our grass. At a penny a nail, the boys take it pretty seriously.
I had a really nice Mothers Day! My boys all made cards for me that were super cute. Carson made a coupon book with coupons such as "free advice on how to rearrange furniture downstairs", "one hour of babysitting", "cook dinner", and my favorite "clean downstairs bathroom. All other coupons must be used first!". ha ha. At church, the boys made flowers in primary with a peanut butter cup on the inside. Parker and Cameron's were in perfect condition when they handed them to me. Carson's was missing the peanut butter cup (ate it!) and the flower was crumpled up and shoved in his scripture case! Nice. ha ha!
The boys did help Sam make dinner on Mothers Day, which was awesome!
Still loving this little turkey.
Also, just because we are home almost every day, that's no reason to lay around in jammies! It's okay to look stylin' to lay on your back and play!
For Mother's Day, Sam gave me a porch swing. It's wonderful! At least once a day, Cameron and I go sit on it and solve the world's problems. Here's Cameron's best problem solving position:
We've been playing at City Creek in Salt Lake a bunch lately. The fountain shows at night are pretty coolio.
Fern came with us one night and bought Cameron a Book of Mormon at Deseret Book that he really wanted. He carried it EVERYWHERE! We took a little TRAX ride an Cameron held it up for everyone to see. Do you see the tears in his eyes? He tripped and fell FLAT ON HIS FACE right before this picture was taken. He never let go of the book though! What a man!
The eclipse was AWESOME! Sam wasn't home and I was busy getting kids ready for bed when suddenly I noticed the lighting outside was sort of eerie. I went outside and the first thing I saw were these amazing shadows on my next door neighbors house. That's when it hit me....the eclipse!
Then I looked at my fence and saw this shadow. It's my favorite!
Elipse pictures are cool. Let's do it again real soon! Oh....wait..... Lillie Belle had an ultrasound earlier this week to figure out her bizarre birth mark thing. The ultrasound doctor called it "Vascular Malformation" and my Pediatrician told me it's called "Infantile Hemangiona". It's basically a bunch of blood vessels that form strangley and bundle up beneath the surface of the skin. The ultrasound was to see how deep the malformation went. Luckily, hers is just sitting on top of the muscle so they are not concerned. It might get bigger until she's about one year old and then it should shrink and go away by the age of 2. If we have to look on the bright side, at least she'll be a modest baby and always wear undershirts with her sun dresses! Trust me, I don't want accusatory looks from strangers if they see it. It looks like I beat her! Scary! I dealt with enough strange looks when Cameron wore a helmet. I don't need to relive those days.
Cameron had his last day of preschool yesterday. At least for this year! Ha ha, he still has another year of preschool to go before Kindergarten. Suck-ah!! It was a wet and rainy day at the park for his last day, but he didn't care. He was so happy and fun. I'm happy too because now I don't have to wake Lillie up in order to take Cameron to school. It's win-win!
What's everybody doing for Memorial Day weekend? We are going to the Hill Air Force Base air show with the rest of Utah. Repeat after me: don't freak out, it's just a bunch of people who are crowding my personal space....don't freak out, don't freak out.....don't....freak....out.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Great update, that about sums it up!

B/T Frank said...

YAY for air planes!!! Fun post.. you'll have to have your boys come swim at our pool this summer!

Natalie said...

Abby had the same thing on her belly, but not EVEN as big and scary looking as your baby. Glad to hear it's not deep.

I betcha Sam is pretty excited for the air show! I know my husband would be. Good for you, wifey.

Fern said...

Did you freak out!?? I love our updates! Russ and I always have a good laugh !!