Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's About Dang Time!

Parker is half way through his 1st grade year and hasn't lost a tooth yet. The only thing I have to compare this with, is Carson's experience. Carson lost several teeth in Kindergarten so I was starting to wonder when the tooth fairy would pay Parker a visit.

On Monday night we put the boys to bed. About 20 minutes later Carson and Parker were both upstairs, giggling uncontrollably. I took the bait and asked what was so funny. Then they showed me Parker's 2 bottom-center teeth. They were super loose. Yay!!! We did the happy dance and then I chased them back to bed.

On Tuesday I told Parker to start working those teeth out. He worked on it for a good part of the day.



Finally, Tuesday evening he gave one of his teeth a huge yank and the tooth popped right out. He was so stunned, I was doubled over with laughter. Yay, the tooth fairy can come visit!


Today he woke up as I was drying my hair. He was holding his dollar from the tooth fair and talked NON STOP to me while I got ready for the day. Seriously, it's like he had diarrhea of the mouth. He was soooo giddy. It was funny, but I finally had to email Sam and tell him my ears were already tired and it was only 8am.

Fast forward to tonight. At about 7pm I said "Hey Parker, you should try pulling that other tooth tonight because then the tooth fairy can come 2 nights in a row!" That was all the motivation he needed. He gave it about 4 good tugs and the tooth came right out. However, because Parker is random and likes to keep me guessing, he didn't really tell me he pulled it. He just held it in his hand and stared at me like he was waiting for the punchline to a joke. Finally I realized what was going on and asked him to smile. Well.............I guess he is the joke and that smile is the punchline!! I seriously almost peed my pants when I saw his smile. Take a look for yourself!


Not to be outdone by my laughter, as he walked away to spit in the bathroom, he said "Carson, just so you know, I'm using YOUR toothbrush!" Oh my word, I love that kid!


After he brushed his teeth I told him to hit the showers. As he was showering, I heard him say "ahhhhhhh, it's like my reward for pulling my tooth is a nice hot shower." There are so many things wrong with that statement....does he really think he only gets to shower if he did something good?? If that's the case, here's hoping I can bribe him with a nice hot shower if he gets good grades!!

Not related at all:
Check out this puzzle I finished a few days ago:


It was 1000 pieces and consisted of a bunch of gingerbread men who were representing famous people. It was fun, but I'm glad its over. I tend to obsess about finishing what I started. Lots of late nights. I remember my brother Darren saying "I like puzzles once they are about 2/3 complete". I couldn't agree more. That first 2/3 was a killer. I only worked on it because, again, I can't walk away from something I started. I think I'll give myself a nice long break before attempting another puzzle. Maybe I should go take a nice hot shower as my reward!

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Yay! I think we're about to lose another one, too. I hate how much they bleed.

laura said...

oh my word, you and thomas should get together for an afternoon of puzzles! he seriously loves them and it makes me nuts!

Natalie said...

I am laughing so hard right now at that bloody mouth picture!!!!! That kid is highly motivated by money!

Kate lost a tooth last week, and the tooth fairy in this neck of the woods is forgetful. Often. Good thing she knows the tooth fairy is fake so I can just grab a dollar out of Neal's wallet and hand it to her.

Angela said...

My daughter is also in first grade and hasn't lost a single tooth. She's quite depressed about. I'll tell her about your son and how he lost 2 at once. That will get her excited I'm sure. We switched to 500 piece puzzles a few years ago. They are so much easier than 1000 pieces.

Tracie said...

Carrie,
I just thought you might be interested in a wellness challenge I'm putting on. I don't have your email, but I figured you would get the message here. Go to www.buildinggoodhabits.blogspot.com to see the details.
We just got done doing it, I think I told you about it on New Years. Anyway, Susan is thinking of doing it too.