Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Haps

Not a lot of blog-worthy happenings around here....

Kids went back on track at school this past Monday (halla-hulla).

Carson went to a birthday party for a girl in his class. I had to call the girl's mom and ask her what a 10-year old girl would want for her birthday (I'm totally serious, the pink aisle is foreign territory).

Cameron started using the word "Kapeesh" in his everyday conversions. Suddenly I feel the need to start cooking Italian meals.

You know, stuff like that! We definitely live a random life.
We had a beautiful sunset the other night that made us all stop and appreciate its beauty!


I figured out an activity for Cameron when he's super grumpy! I put a glass of hot water and a glass of ice water on the counter. I wrap a dish towel loosely around both glasses. Then, I hand Cameron his color-changing Lightning McQueen car. Let me tell you, this has seriously provided HOURS of entertainment for him! Hot water turns the car yellow. Cold water turns the car red. I only ran into trouble when he demanded the car turn orange...but then I gave him props for knowing that red and yellow combined makes orange! Always trying to find that silver lining.....


We had a nice Saturday today. Our friend, Chad Burnside, is a fireman (is that the P.C. term? I should prolly say 'firefighter'). Every year he plays an ice hockey game titled "Guns vs. Hoses", which is firefighters playing against police officers. It's very fun and we try to make it every year.


I must say, hockey games provide some EXCELLENT people watching opportunities. Fabulous mullets, lots of alcohol, brightly bleached split end hair, and some crazy rambunctious fans. It's a blast. Where else can I go in Saturday attire (jeans and t-shirt) and feel totally dressed up? The only other places might be Walmart and the state fair. Like I said, we try to go every year!

$6 bag of cotton candy? Yes please!


After the game, we went and picked up a new twin bed because......we took down Cameron's crib today! It's kind of funny because my philosophy has always been "when my kids start climbing out of the crib, I will take it down and put them in a regular bed.". Well, Cameron hasn't even attempted it. He's almost 3! I'm getting pretty tired of this conversation EVERY morning coming from his room: "MOM! OPEN THE DOOR! I WANT TO GET OUT! MoOoOoOoOoMMMMMM!!!" Yah, it has got to stop.

We bought a Thomas the Train bed spread and let me tell you, this kid is in HEAVEN! Tonight he said "I am getting bigger because I have a big boy bed!"




Next stop: potty training. Say a little prayer for me.

4 comments:

Natalie Service said...

Prayer Said!!!
Girl, you're amazing!

cathy said...

Sad we missed the Guns & Hoses game! Between Jr. Jazz and almost everyone sick with colds we had to give it a miss.
Congrats on the big-boy bed! Now prepare yourself for some middle of the night wandering...

DJ and Gin Family said...

I've got the pink isle covered. It's the transformer, lego thing that I struggle with. I curl up in a ball and cry when I have to shop for boys. Those isles are so overwhelming. Good luck with the potty training thing. Wait until the weather is warm and keep him outside as much as possible. It's much better on the carpet... you should have waited to put in the new carpet. :)

Marci said...

That is so funny about Cameron! Keith says kapeesh ALL the time!!! So funny!