Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Ya Win Some, Ya Lose Some

First of all, to start off on the positive side:


Cameron is a super-star regarding his big boy bed. He NEVER gets out of bed, he sleeps all night, and in the morning...he STILL yells at me from his room "Mooooommmm! Can I get up now?". Pretty funny! Also, his naps have never been better. I swear, yesterday I had to go into his room to make sure he was still there because I hadn't heard anything from him for 3 1/2 hours! Every morning he says "I grew bigger while I was in my big-boy bed!"

Now, just so you don't think Cameron is perfect (seriously, if you really think that you haven't hung out with us very much, he's mr grumpy pants, after all!)...

Today I decided I would try potty training Cameron. We have 20 diapers left and if I can train him before breaking open a new box of diapers I will save so much money! Oh yeah, changing 'dirty' diapers would be a thing of the past, which would make me a very happy momma.

Luckily, my friend just potty trained her daughter so she let me borrow the plastic training pants that you can put over their underwear. That way if he has an accident it doesn't go on my new carpet. Unfortunately, the plastic training pants were very girly. I about died laughing when I put them on Cameron.


The best part was when Sam came home from work and saw Cameron. He said "hi buddy, whatcha wearing?" Cameron said "they are so snuggly!". I had to cover my mouth I was laughing so hard.

Unfortunately, since noon (when I put underwear on Cameron), he has had 3 accidents in his pants and zero successes on the ter-let. Grrrr.

Tonight I went to Target and bought some cool 'Thomas and Friends' underwear so I can use the guilt trip of "you don't want to pee on Thomas do you?? Then make sure you use the potty!". I also bought some boy-ish plastic training pants so I don't do some serious damage to the kid. However, check out the sizing chart on the new underwear!


At first I was so confused: Some toddlers have a 38 inch waist???? And they only weigh 16-18 pounds??? ha ha! Classic. I'm going to submit this picture to Consumer Reports for their "goofs, glitches, and gotcha" page.

I absolutely hate potty training. It's just a huge pain no matter which method you use. The only solution would be to hire somebody to do it for me! Seriously, I'll pay $50 to whoever wants to potty train this child 'o mine. Any takers??? Buhler....Buhler.....Buhler? **sigh**

Here's to a disgusting mom-day tomorrow. I should probably just wear sweats and put my hair in a scrunchy.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I hate potty training too! I was working with Abby today. I'm pretty "whatever" about the whole process. They figure it out eventually. In the meantime, my tall child who is only 2 and looks like a 5 year old, is still pooping during sacrament meeting. I always know because one of the kids will say, "Did someone just fart?"

Amy B. said...

I would definitely NEVER do it for only a meezly $50....are you kidding me!?!...hahaha

But...do you wanna train mine for that price?...hahaha

mindy said...

Good luck today Carrie. I don't know why you wasted your money on new plastic skivies, I think those girly ones were very sweet on him. hehe

Lindsey said...

Ditto on the evils of potty-training. I seriously dread it with each kid. My mother-in-law always claims how easy pott-training was and 2 days MAX. I always ask her if she wouldn't mind keeping each of my kids for 2 days to do it for me. She laughs because she always thinks I'm joking.

Natalie Service said...

You can do it! You are a strong, brave woman! You may have to dig deep, but the power is within you!

But I'll take the $50 if you need me to come over and pretend to know what I'm doing. GIRL, you're the PRO! YOU GOT THIS!!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I would NOT potty train for $50, but maybe for ONE MEEEELLLLEEEEOOOONNNNN dollars. Brian, however, just might. He potty trained Adds for me over UEA weekend, Thurs-Sun. And after 3 months we were at the point that I didn't have to take her every 45 minutes, she was able to hold it and tell me she had to go. Seriously, he's a rock star. But so was she. Ahhh, goils. I worry about Liam though. Brian told his mom once (while she was convincing him that undees was where it's at), "I LIKE my diaper!" Yea, too old to be crappin in yer pants kid. What's in store for me?

I think he and Cameron could be brothers. Angie always asks him if he's on his period because he's such a rawnch.

Ambyr said...

THE POTTY WATCH!!! Get one. It's working miracles for Paityn. you can set it for either 30 min, 60 min or 90 min and the alarm goes off and plays a song to tell them it's time to potty. THis way they feel more "incharge" of the situation and the best part is, it resets it self so they just have to wear it all day long!!! YEAH! Kid to Kid sells them (they are brand new, not used ones) for $10.00 We are loving ours!

Rose said...

Trying to potty train my boys before age 3 was a big waste of time! 3 was the magic age for boys. Girls are much faster for some reason. John was the easiest. He got "big boy" pants for his birthday and I told him he couldn't pee in them...he never did (that I know of).

DJ and Gin Family said...

The potty watch is good, just don't get it wet while hand washing. A potty necklace would make more sense. Either way, potty training is of the devil.