Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Such An Amateur!

I am laughing so hard!

Let me break it down for you:
Carson and Parker were just getting home from school. I went out onto my front porch to welcome them home. Parker had a smug look on his face and he yelled from across the street: "Mom! Carson said a bad word!"
By this time, Carson was already on the front porch next to me. I sternly looked at him and asked him what he said. He just smiled, so Parker screamed "He said AMATEUR!"

The belly laugh that broke free from Carson's mid-section TOTALLY made me laugh. I couldn't help it. It was so funny! Without thinking, I said "Parker, that's not a bad word!".

If you know Parker, he absolutely HATES being the butt of a joke. By this time Carson and I are laughing so hard, and I know I needed to stop, but I couldn't. The damage was done...I had the giggles and couldn't stop.

Parker was very ticked off. He took off his shoes and threw them at Carson, then he tried hitting him with his backpack as he ran downstairs screaming "I'm not going to do my homework, I don't want dinner, and I don't want dessert!" Yeah, for some reason when Parker gets mad he punishes himself. We're looking into it.

So I got myself under control and went downstairs to talk to him. As I got there, he was listing off all the toys he wanted to throw away....again, I don't understand it....
So, I tried to be compassionate and I explained to him what "amateur" meant. After a few minutes, he calmed down. Then he ran upstairs to where Carson was doing his homework and screamed "Yeah, well YOU are an amateur!", to which Carson smiled, and Cameron, RIGHT ON QUEUE, said "ha ha, ya burnt!", which is a 30 Rock reference that I love.

At that point, we all busted a gut laughing and Parker promptly finished his homework. Just another day in the life of the Sweet's. The older my boys get, the more I love it because the bantering cracks me up.

Parker brought these faces home from school, I tried to make him laugh by putting them up to my face, but he just rolled his eyes....until I gave the faces to Cameron, then we all larfed out lard.

What a nut!



And yes, Cameron finally pooped last night in the ter-lit. It was a big celebration. Unfortunately, he has to go again as we speak. That's the lame thing about Cameron, he's too regular for his own good! Maybe I should have him eat a bunch of cheese.... KIDDING! KIDDING!

3 comments:

Toni said...

lol! "again, we're looking into it!" You friggin crack me up. I needed a laugh today.

Karen said...

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! DON'T EVER STOP BLOGGING! I need these stories to make me LOL every now and then. Thanks!!!!

Lizzie Fizzie said...

Bahahahahaha. You just made my life that much more complete. I want your life in a few years. :) Love ya.