Saturday, May 07, 2011

I'm Struggling...

I'm struggling to keep this ol' blog updated! Can I just hire somebody? I think my niece Liz could use a summer job, in addition to her internship. Liz, you wanna pretend you are me? ha ha ha! I am laughing just imagining what you would write!

Okay, let me break it down for you:

Cameron had a "Mother's Tea" program at his school last week. It was seriously so cute. I loved every second of it! The mothers sat at tables all decorated and with plates of cookies and fruit slush. We snacked while the kids sang songs. Cameron made a bee bracelet for one of his songs and he proudly wore it the rest of the day. It's hard to tell in this picture, but there are clear wings, I guess made of transparency films, glued to the yellow band.


For Mother's Day, the moms received a card that spelled "Mom" with our child's picture, a homemade flower that was water colored, a pencil with a tag that read "Thank you for being the write kind of helper this year", and some M&M's with a note, Marvelous Mom. It was the Mother-Load. ha ha. Hey, who's grubby chubby hands are those trying to swipe my M&M's??


Guess what Parker gets to do on a daily basis? When he's at school, for some reason he likes to ROLL around on the playground, in the wood chips. His jacket is a magnet for wood chips. They get stuck on the inside lining and will not fall off unless hand picked. So, every day he walks home from school, and then sits on the front steps and hand picks off the wood chips. It drives me crazy, not just because he has to throw wood chips all over my front steps....think about how many kids have peed on those wood chips! EwwwWWWwww!


As you may or may not know, our Spring weather hasn't exactly been warm. We've had tons of rain and tons of snow. Last week I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to go outside and recreate instead of sitting around in the house. So, we found this cute little park called "Winchester Park". It had a pond, a playground, and it's right along the Jordan River Parkway. It was super fun! We saw two pelicans fly over the pond and then swoop down and land in the water. Also, as I was racing Parker down the Jordan River Parkway, it may or may not have resulted in an embarrassing situation that is caused by having 3 babies in the past. Note to self, running is lame. ha ha!



Today we finally had a gorgeous spring-like day. 70 degrees, not much wind. It was perfect for a little hike up Ensign Peak. I've never hiked Ensign Peak before. It was much different than I expected. I thought it would still feel like you were in the city, but I was pleasantly surprised by the surrounding nature. :)
About half way up:


Taking a rest. It was pretty steep. The kids did awesome! Even 3-year old Cameron hiked the whole thing without any help.


Almost to the top!


We made it! We celebrated by eating fruit snacks and Teddy Grahams. The view from the top!




On the way down: The kids learned a valuable lesson...going down is harder than going up! It was pretty funny. I think each of my boys slipped and fell at least once. I'll admit, my legs were a little shaky by the time we reached level ground again. It was fun though, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!



After our hike we went to my parents house to teach Carson how to mow their lawn. This will be Carson's summer job. It wasn't easy for him, but I'm so proud of him. I don't think I ever mowed lawns when I was 10 years old! He shed a few frustrated tears, but he sure loved the money he received as payment! He promptly spent it tonight on a pocket watch that he's been saving up for in the past several months. Seriously? A pocket watch? I don't get it. Whatever floats his boat I suppose.


Cameron fell yesterday and skinned his knee. I didn't see it happen so he came limping over to me and I could see the bright red spot on his knee. I said "what happened buddy?" and he replied: Well, I was just trippin' over there....and then I fell! I laughed inside my head for the next hour. The way he said it was so gangsta too! Maybe it's not funny to read....but it was funny to hear!

Today Cameron was eating a frozen refreshing treat. Holy Moly, it was serious bath time after this! For reals!


This morning our neighbors across the street were having a garage sale. They are fairly new to the 'hood. We've met them and exchanged pleasantries, but that's about it. Carson was eating breakfast and said "I'm going to go see if the neighbors need help!" and with that, he bolted out the door and across the street. Pretty random, but they didn't seem to mind. About an hour later he came storming in the front door and yelled "I found the perfect Mother's Day gift for you and it only will cost me fifty cents!!!!!". He raced downstairs, grabbed his piggy bank, and ran back over to the neighbor's house. Later I sheepishly walked over to save my neighbors from chatty Carson and they were laughing so hard about how he's been very helpful and acting like a true salesman to people who were browsing the sale. They said he was very cute and thoughtful when he found the perfect Mother's Day gift for me....but they were kind of laughing when they said it. I'm a little nervous. Stay tuned tomorrow when I find out what it is!!

Happy Mothers Day tomorrow to all the women I know and love, especially my own Mom!!!!

5 comments:

Lizzie Fizzie said...

Haha, funny thing. Some girl today was joking about 'mormon mom blogs' and i was like, "i have an aunt and her blog is hilarious." .. so i'm honored you would think of letting me write about it. . but i don't know that i could do it justice w/o having ur boys around. haha maybe parker said the 'trippin' phrase like a gansta cuz his mom puts in words like 'hood' in her blog. hahah sounds like fun! i love ensign peak hike, especially for sunrise or sunset!

Fern said...

Happy muddas day to you Carrie- you are truly one of my favorite muddas!!! I can't wait to see what Carson got you!!!!

The Airharts said...

I cant wait to find out what the perfect gift is!!!! You better tell us! hey I was just saying that I needed some pivtures of ensign peak for my RS lesson next week...will you send me some of your jpg's that you took that day to my missyairhart at hotmail emai laddress-they will help me so much! Thanks!

Carl and Pat said...

Love those boys and their reaction to things. The mothers day gift Carson chose was perfect...I'm sure you'll be posting about it. Thanks for making motherhood such a joy for me. I'm constantly amazed at you. Love ya! (Mom)

Sam said...

Carrie,
Time to blog Mother's Day, and don't forget Carson's card. His blew my card out of the water!

corkedre