Monday, May 09, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

I had a very nice Mother's Day. Do you want to know what Carson gave me? Remember, it was "the perfect gift and it only cost 50 cents!" (see post below).

First of all, he gave me this lovely card. Here's the front, a nice bouquet of roses:


But the real tear-jerker was the inside of the card. How poetic can you get??? The word "here" just really speaks to me! :)


Of course, I should be happy with "here" because at church they filled out this cute paper on Mother's. They were supposed to fill in the blank for "She is so good at _______________________". Carson wrote "telling me to hurry up!" Ya win some, ya lose some.

Back to the gift......Ta-Da! Here is what Carson scored at the Garage Sale.


Watch out neighbors, I foresee a lot of Hershey's circa 1980's baking in the future! It's detrimental to my health to keep goodies like this around here so you will probably be a good home for them! All joking aside, it was very thoughtful of Carson to find a Mother's Day gift for me. He was so proud when he gave it to me first thing Sunday morning. He's a good kid and I'm glad he's mine!

For Mother's Day, Sam gave me a cool walking stick for all our day hikes this summer, and this awesome necklace that I hinted to him that I wanted (I emailed him the link a month ago and said "THIS is what I want for Mother's Day.).


It's from The Vintage Pearl. I absolutely love it. The 3 peas in the pod represent my three children and their names are engraved on the little disc. So fun!

For Mother's Day dinner, we spent it with my parents. My mom had knee surgery a few weeks ago and can't travel too much right now so we made an afternoon of hanging out while the men cooked dinner. It was very nice! We had grilled marinated turkey (delicious!), roasted veggies, a scrumptious watermelon, and some rustic artisan bread. It was divine! Check out the veggies before they went in the oven! By the way, I really liked roasted radishes. They were super good! The only kind of veggie I didn't care for was the broccoli. I keep waiting for my taste buds to grow up in the broccoli department, but they never do! The veggies that were in the pan: asparagus, carrots, parsnips, turnips, radishes, sweet potato, yukon potato, mushrooms, bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli...that may have been it. Pour some garlic butter over the top and add some parmesan cheese and you have a meal fit for a king!


While dinner was cooking, Parker and Cameron were wrestling around. A little while later, Cameron approached my mom and said "Parker has a bloody nose!". I didn't know if he was serious or not, because he's a total prankster, but sure enough, I found Parker in the bathroom with blood all over his face.


when I asked him what happened, he said "Cameron had his finger up my nose and then he scratched". I honestly didn't ask him any follow up questions, I just gave him a confused look and said "Sam, can you help Parker?" and then I went and read the newspaper. Don't judge me, it's Mother's Day. Some days I need a break from bizarre behaviors of 3 boys! Later in the day, Cameron fell off my parents bar stool and scratched up his tailbone. Poor buddy. I said "did you hurt your bum?". His reply: "No, I hurt my bottom!". Um, okay.

After everyone was finished getting injured, we had dessert. Sam made Lava cakes. Amazing!




The cake was so rich it made me sweat! It was freakin-fantastic!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I am so blessed to live so close to my own Mom. She is a great example to me and I love her very much!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is hilarious and so cute that he bought you a mother's day present. And I love the card he made.

I remember once when Laurel was little and had a bloody nose all over the place. My mom said, "what were you doing?" La said through tears, "I was just trying to get this one booger out!"

I'm glad you had a good mother's day. You deserved it.

Mary Ann said...

Can you guys start a recipe blog.....you made me super hungry!

Carl and Pat said...

That was quite a day--so fun to be waited on; however, I've been waiting on for days post surgery, but it's still a treat. The whole day was great, including talking to all the kids. Love It! Another great blog, daughter. (Pat)

Susan said...

We had that same cookbook growing up! I still make the chocolate drop cookies often.