Monday, June 13, 2011

Another School Year Over!

Good-bye 4th grade for Carson!
Good-bye 1st grade for Parker!
Good-bye peace and quiet during the day for mom!

Overall I'd say it was a pretty good year. Both boys are reading above grade level, Carson only had to call home a half dozen times because he couldn't control his talking, and Parker got all his work done during school...about a half of the time. Yep, pretty good year!

We were able to attend a program in Parker's classroom during the last week of school. It was adorable! They did three little puppet shows. This picture makes me laugh. I wonder what the blonde girl thinks about being a troll??


Parker was the Gingerbread Man in this puppet/shadow show. Very fun, the kids did an amazing job! I really admire school teachers and their never ending patience!


Each 1st grader wrote and illustrated a story. Parker's book was on Puffles....surprise surprise. That kiddo is obsessed I tell ya.


Mrs. Beckstead. Carson was also her student when he was in 1st grade. To this day, Carson still gives her a hug when he sees her at school. Seriously, she is so nice! In fact, the last day of school I waited and waited for Carson and Parker to come home. After waiting 15 minutes past the time they should be home, I got pretty nervous. I drove up to the school and found my boys....helping Mrs. Beckstead clean out her classroom. It was one of those I'm-proud-of-you-but-I'm-going-to-kill-you moments.


Both my boys earned their Distinguished Cub awards. During the school year they have a laundry list of things to accomplish during the year. If they accomplish at least 12 of the 15 items, they get a medal to wear around their neck. Parker was pretty excited.



I captured the flash of the other parent's cameras. I love the shadow it gave Carson's head! It looks like.... a muppet or something. So funny!


This is Mr. Spencer. He was good for Carson. I'm not sure Carson was good for Mr. Spencer.....


And last but not least: I just love this dirty faced kid of mine. Here's to many more care-free summer evenings ahead!

2 comments:

fa-ern said...

cutest boys ever!! i hope i get to enjoy endless summer nights with ya'll!!

Natalie said...

Mr. Spencer? I'm thinking more along the lines of Old Man Spencer, or Grandpa Spencer.

Ahhhhhh, summer.