Tuesday, July 07, 2009

July Is Crazy

So far July has been quite the crazy month. We are consantly working on our basement (carpet, painting, moulding, hanging lights, hanging blinds....). Once everything is done I will do before and after pictures. I honestly can't believe how much I love it! My basement doesn't feel like the dark dungeon anymore. It's fabulous!

Our 4th of July was freedom-fabulous! We worked on the basement most of the day and my parents took Carson and Parker on the Heber Creeper. I've never been on the Heber Creeper but my kids love trains so I knew they'd love it! We didn't tell them where they were going until right before they left. Here's a little conversation Carson and I had earlier in the day:

Mom: Carson, you are going to LOVE where you are going today! You are going to do something today I've never even done! Can you guess what that might be??
Carson: Learn to sew??

What the crap? Why would that be the first thing he thought of? Crazy 8-year old's brain... Anyway, my parents took a few pictures of the train experience:




In other news...Cameron is finally learning to walk. He's 16 months old so I'm very excited!


The evening of our 4th of July was perfect. We hung out with some good friends and watched some fireworks. It was super fun!





Parker and all his girlfriends. It's funny because there aren't that many kids Parker's age who are boys. They are mostly girls. He doesn't care, he's a cool cat.



Oh yeah, a big "thanks" to our friends, Russ and Amy. You may not know it, but your truck was the perfect CAGE to the babies who wanted to crawl towards the dangerous fireworks!


Because these pictures had long exposures, you can tell who was sitting still and who was moving around a lot during the fireworks.




In other news...
On Sunday Cameron was being a huge pill. I ended up holding him in the hallway of church for about 45 minutes trying to get him to fall asleep. I wouldn't let him get down and play, I just held him tightly. After Sacrament meeting, I was fed UP. I took him home and put him to bed. Then I fell asleep. I woke up and my back was really sore. It was really sore for the rest of the day. I have a bad back so this isn't too unusual. I took some Naproxen and did my back exercises and tried to be careful.

By Monday morning I could hardly walk or move without enduring stabbing back pain. Crap. The last time my back did this was 3 years ago. I knew what path I was heading down. Without waiting for the back spasms that I knew would come, I called my back doctor at the Spine Institue of Utah. On my way to the appointment, I was really nauseated. A few miles from my house I said "agghhhh! pull over!" Sam quickly pulled over just in time for me to hork all over somebody's front lawn! Oh man, I can't stop laughing when I think about it. It was crazy! What would you do if you witnessed this on your lawn? Would you go out and offer the stranger a drink or a toothbrush? Would you be totally grossed out and irritated? I'd probably be grossed out. ha ha ha!

The back appt went great. My doctor prescribed me some medicine that didn't totally take the pain away but it made me feel good enough that I didn't care! In about an hour I'll be going back to the doctor's office for a cortisone shot and then life should be good.

Crazy back pains...all because of this little monkey and hauling around his 23 pound self!


Oh don't let the innocent look fool you, he's really heavy! Cameron, seriously, it's not funny.


Okay, maybe it's a little funny...

13 comments:

Sam said...

24 pounds according to the doctor's office yesterday. That's probably what did your back in!

mindy said...

That's a bummer. I hope the shot helps and you fell better soon.
Love the horking story, thanks for sharing that. (glad it wasn't my lawn!)
Please let me know if I can help in anyway. We would love to have the boys come over and play. Believe me, the girls would LOVE it.

mindy said...

I meant to say I hope you feel better soon. Ugh!

Ginger said...

Aw man that sucks! I have noticed my back has started hurting. It must be their weight because this has happened with my other kids. Maybe when they are more independent our backs will be all better. I hope the shot works for you!

Natalie said...

Sucks for you, but really funny about the lawn barf. I bet when the person found barf on their lawn, they thought it was some drunk hooligan who had too much tequilla.

Oh, I also thought, "Maybe she's pregnant." That wouldnt' be funny.

Amy said...

I'm glad our truck yet again can be of some service to someone. :)

Hope your back feels better soon. I'd love to help you guys out in anyway.
I like Cameron's haircut.

laura said...

can't wait to see the pictures of your basement!

that sucks about your dang back! mines been really bad with this pregnancy... but at least i'll get some relief once he's born (hopefully).

oh, and tell sam he's getting to be quite the good photographer with your camera. he'll have to give me some tips next time i see him :)

cathy said...

Don't feel bad. I horked on Cougar Lane by the Holiday Oil. Didn't quite make it home from work on time.
Yay on the walking.
Learning to sew? Priceless. Time to take that boy hunting.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Sure, he won't walk for his Grandma alone, but if Grandma is holding the beloved helmet! So cute.

Hope you start feeling better soon. You can't have a mother of 3 down with a bum back. My mom had back surgery right after Lindsey was born. So she got to come home from the hospital to a newborn and 5 OTHER kids. Must have sucked to be my Dad.

faa - ernnnn said...

looks like cam is a little sweet on that cute babe in the back of the truck! WoW - great update, I can't even begin to write all the comments that went through my head! love you all though! can't wait till friday!! woot woot!

Thomas said...

That's how old Quinn was when he learned to walk....but my favorite part of that video is Cameron's t-shirt...."Lock up your daughters." COL! Cackling Out Loud!

The 5 Happy Dayz said...

I didn't realize that cameron is the same age as Tavin when was he born! I wish I lived by you guys! oh the trouble we could get into...and our boys too.

Tonje said...

That's why I didn't see you at church. I snuck in to RS to see if you were there, but you were home SLEEPING!!! Sorry we missed you!