Friday, July 17, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

Last night Sam and I were able to attend Girls Camp in our ward for the Bishopric night. This was our 3rd year attending camp and it was lots of fun, as usual!

Here's our experiences at Girls Camp in 2007

And here's our experiences at Girls Camp in 2008

Our girls were given the color orange to wear during Girls Camp week. They tied it into "Tigger" from Winnie the Pooh. The leaders gave us tigger ears, a tail, and a bowtie to wear. As a bishopric (and wives) we tie dyed orange shirts earlier in the week so we could match our girls. Orange is my favorite color so I was happy!

The bishopric: Sam Sweet, Davis Strong, and Stewart Brennan (bishop)


I don't know why, but this is probably my favorite picture of the night. I asked these guys to turn sideways so I could see their tails. Here's the result. Bishop: perfect form! Davis: Look at me, I'm over here! I know Bishop's tiger tail is awesome, but look at me! Sam: Uhhhhhh, what part of "stand sideways" didn't you understand??


Sam took over with the camera from here on out. During the Stake Presentation, he was trying to get pictures of our girls and their cat-like profiles. It turned out to be lots of fun! We were sitting behind them all so they didn't really know what he was doing.







This is our Stake Presidency: Hansen, Linnell (pres.), Rowland. they sing a song every year for the Stake Program. They are brave. I would be running far far away if I had to sing in front of all those people! They did a great job!


These traitors (I say that very lovingly) are now in the neighboring ward due to some boundary shifts 1 1/2 years ago. I still miss them very, very, very much! Jene' and Wendy! You guys rock!


Love ya Park 2nd ward!


We are so cute in all our orange tie-dye glory!


The leaders...AKA...the Hostess' with the Mostest! Heather Ellison, Stefanie Dennison, Leslie McNaughton, Holly Nesbit, and Marci Nicol. They cooked up a grubbin' meal of BBQ chicken and cheesy potatoes. Delicious!


We had a touching testimony meeting and then some fun around the campfire. It was perfect!





Sam was messing around with long exposures to capture as much light as possible. The fire and glow sticks were a nice touch to the lighting effects!




S'mores faces!


Anywho, we got home around 1am. Then by the time we cleaned up and Sam took the babysitter home (his mama), I think it was about 2:30am. Poor Sam had to get up at 6am for work. Can you say blood-shot eyes? :)

In other news, I got my hair colored. Nothing too drastic, but the gray is covered. Dang gray, it's really persistent!

Before:


After:


Aren't you glad I share everything with you? Hey, at least I won't look like the oldest person in my family pictures in a few weeks! Thank goodness I'm not a pioneer. I'd have gray hair that is super frizzy because I'm pretty sure the hair products I use now weren't around back then!

5 comments:

The Buckley's said...

Oh my gosh! I forgot how much fun it was to be the girls camp director of that ward!!! How fun! You guys were so much fun to have come up. I looked back at 2007 and was laughing my guts out just remember out conversation that night! he he he. Do you remember?

Carrie said...

Kimmy, of COURSE I remember THAT conversation! In fact, we told the current camp leaders about it last night! I thought Stefanie Dennison was going to turn purple her face was so red from laughing! Of course, every single one of them said they could contribute well to that topic. They didn't divulge though. Perhaps another year.

Toni said...

Adorable pics! I miss my Park 2nd ward. Cute hair, where is your cute face? I love that you tooka pic of the top of your head :)

fern said...

can i just say.......grrrrrrr! i miss going to girls camp! i guess i must enjoy each 'season' of my life! i'll live it vicariously through you!

Susan said...

I like you sharing everything. It makes me feel like I'm not missing out on anything....except that mysterious girl's camp topic. Sounds pretty interesting.