Saturday, July 14, 2007

Best Girls Camp EVER

Our Stake Girls camp was this week. Every night there needs to be Priesthood representation so I happily volunteered my husband for Thursday night. Wasn't that thoughtfl of me? I had an ulterior motive. After Sam accepted, I asked if I could come with him! As Sam said...it was the best girls camp EVER! Of course, he has never been to girls camp before but that didn't stop me from totally agreeing with him!

Thursday night is a program put on by the Stake leaders. We also had Sister Broadbent from the General YW board there to speak to us as well. The evening started with the silly songs the Young Women sing to get out all their giggle/wiggles. I was glad I had a camera because I looked busy getting pictures rather than having to join in on the songs!


Here is the 2nd counselor in my bishopric, Paul Kocherhans. He would not be too thrilled with this picture! I was laughing because he was sort of mocking the songs and I happened to be sitting right behind him when he turned his head...*click*... I had the camera ready!


Sam wasn't dancing either...


Here are some of the leaders from my ward. I shared a tent with the ladies on the back row with the exception of the lady in glasses on the left. It was such a blast!!! My ward rocks, seriously!! The lady on the right with the purple tiara is Kimmy Buckley. She was the camp director and she also helped deliver Parker 3 years ago! She wasn't in our ward at that time, such a small world.


I even got to be part of the night routine with the girls. Every night the leaders would use these star wands and tap on the tents. As the girls opened their tent, the leaders gave them some sort of "tuck in" gift. This night I got to pass out the gifts (pillowcases)and read the tag attached. It was really fun.


After "tucking" the girls in, they promptly got back out of their tents so they could teach us how to play "quarters". What the heck, it's the last night of camp, no rules! It was very fun and we were pretty competitive!!


After quarters, we decided to go to bed. Sam slept in the van and I was in the leaders tent. At around 2:30am we just started settling down and were all almost asleep when Sam grabbed the tent, shook it like crazy and totally yelled and screamed! With all the bear sightings in Utah's campgrounds lately it proved to be a very good trick because we all screamed!
After a very short night of sleep, Sam and I packed up and headed home. Here he is with his sweet setup:


I hope to go again next year, it was seriously a blast! Especially with the YW leadership in our ward!

On an unrelated story...
Carson tried opening a sharpie marker today and it exploded all over his face. He tried washing it off but it didn't work out so well for him.


Guess what else Carson did? Last night he threw up in his mouth, swallowed it, and then it rushed out his nose! So disgusting! Gotta love my boys, Carson just sort of shrugged it off and went back to bed. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Paul's defense...I think he was singing the "jellyfish" song and one of the instructions is to sing it with your tongue out. You're right about me though, I wasn't dancing (but I did have fun).

Anonymous said...

i love girls camp! what was the theme? it looks like they are princess'! carson rocks- i can't say any more....

Indiana Clark's said...

I went to girls camp with Kim it was a blast. I can't believe Courtney will be going in only two years. Yikes!

Sarah said...

That was such a great post..right up until the last paragraph. It's okay to not share everything =) I LOVE girls camp...