Sunday, July 01, 2007

Where Does The Time Go?

I swear it feels like I updated my blog about 24 hours ago...but a whole week has gone by! Slacker with a capital Esssss...............

Well, Carson graduated from Level 1 swim lessons this past week. Good job Carson! This week Carson starts Level 2 swim lessons and Parker starts Toddler 1 swim lessons. I'm very excited for Parker to have lessons too! That's a whole 40 minutes that I get to lounge by the pool and not have any responsibility! YES!! Actually Parker has been pretty fun to hang out with these past few weeks. Here is what he likes to do:


Already Carson is better than me when it comes to swimming. Look what he did in our kiddie pool! If I tried doing that I would have water up my nose and to my brain! You know what is the best thing about swim lessons? All the "I-almost-threw-up-when-I-burped" sounds coming from all the kids learning to swim. You know what I mean? I think it's when they sort of swallow water and gag at the same time. I seriously laugh every time!!


Sam surprised me on Saturday with this scene:


What a great husband I have! We got new countertops in April and since then we've needed to do the backsplash but we've (you know when I say "we" I totally mean Sam, right?) not had much time to devote to this project. Now we just need to apply the grout and find a border piece to go around the edges. It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! My dad even came over and pitched in too!


ShhhShhhhh, don't tell Parker, but his 3rd birthday was on June 20th and we just celebrated it on Saturday! I was only 10 days late, cut me some slack!!! We went to Wheeler Farm (LOVE that place!) and had a picnic and opened presents. He loves the movie "Cars" so everything he received was related to that movie. His grandma Sweet gave him a Cars backpack to hold all his little cars, Fern gave him Cars pajamas, my parents gave him little cars that represented cars from the movie, and Sam and I gave him a Cars blanket and a Lightning McQueen lamp. He loved it!! Here are some shots from the night.



Don't be too jealous of my cake decorating abilities! Those 3 candles were really hard to place in a straight line!!


Here are Parker's treasured cars. He has most of the main characters. He plays with them every day AND sleeps with them at night. Don't most kids sleep with a blankie or stuffed animal?


We are so precious.


Carson and his random-ness. To him, he makes perfect sense!



We ended Parker's birthday celebration with a nice poopy diaper change in the parking area. Just be glad I deleted the picture that I took 2 minutes before this one!


So, what did everybody else do this weekend? Keep watching for a blog update from my parents. We had a GRUBBIN' dinner tonight and I asked (told) them to blog it! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

nalani said...

That picture of you and Sam is a definte framer! Happy Birthday Parker---I love that movie too! So are you going to wear your bikini and lay out while they are taking their swim lessons?

Susan said...

I recognized that table cloth.

Jeff & Melissa said...

Looks like a fun week... you Sweet's are always up to something fun, or some project!

Amelia said...

Oh my gosh that picture of you and Sam, you both look HOT! Try and see what it'd look like in Sepia tone color, I can do it for you if you'd like. You need to frame that bad boy FAST because that picture ROCKS of you two! Wow!