Wednesday, July 04, 2007

7.4.2007

Happy 4th of July to everybody!

Parker started his swimming lessons yesterday and, well, he takes after me a little bit. He didn't sit on the stairs and cry, but every time his teacher asked him to do something like blow bubbles, he would say to her in a really startled tone: I can't do THAT! So he's definitely the most timid in his class, but I'm just a prayin' that he will at least blow bubbles before the 6 lessons are over!

Does everyone know what "monkey, airplane, soldier" means in the swim world? I never did until I watched Parker's teacher explain it to him yesterday. It's like a whole new world is opening up to me!

Here is one of his more adventurous moments. He finally let her help him with a back float because he realized he could see the seagulls better if he was laying on his back!


Mostly Parker just wanted to sit on the stairs. At least he is getting comfortable with the water...


Here we have Carson and his "PWT" version of a water slide.
Yes, that is our old tile countertop.
Yes, this side of our house is pretty trashed.
Yes, I'm pretty proud of his invention. I had no idea he was doing this.


We did fireworks on the 3rd of July because then we wouldn't have to do them late on the 4th when everybody had to get up early for work the next day. I think my whole neighborhood had the same idea because there were fireworks everywhere! Here is Carson with one of his favorite items, the smoke bombs. Parker and Grandma thought they were pretty smelly.



The fireworks were a success overall! Sam only had one blow up in his hand once and Carson only got a burning ember on his arm once. You know what they say..."there's a first time for everything" and I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time these things happen!

Bright and early this morning we had about 7 guys from my ward come over and remove the swamp cooler off my house and put it on my neighbor's house. My neighbor's swamp cooler had bit the dust so it was great timing! After the swamp cooler was off, Sam installed an attic fan in the hole the cooler had left. Once again, I absolutely love getting projects done around the house! Now we just need to sheet rock over the hole in my hallway where the swamp cooler blew the air into the house. Baby steps....

How many men does it take to remove a swamp cooler? :)



The attic fan: OoOoOoOhhhh, AhHhHhHh, that's purdy!


This afternoon we went swimming in our friends' grandparents pool. Parker was perfectly happy sitting on the blowup mattress and we couldn't hardly drag Carson out of the pool, even after almost 4 hours of swimming!



Once home, Parker was so tired. He went right down for a nap, but for some reason he had to sleep with his shoes. Sometimes I just don't ask questions...


Tonight we had a grubbin' BBQ at my parent's house but I didn't take any pictures. That's probably okay because then you would have seen my kids dip their chips in ketchup! Ewwwwww!
How was the 4th of July for everyone else??

4 comments:

Richard and Sharon said...

I love your blog and all the "Carrie" description of things the kids do. It so reminds me of you and Nalani and Maile and the weird things you kids used to do. Thanks for the laughs.

Anonymous said...

My favorite was Parker sitting on my lap, snuggled under his "Cars" blanket saying, "Do my ears, Grandma" every time Sam lit a new firework (meaning "put your hands over my ears so I can't hear the loud noise").

Jeff & Melissa said...

I love Carson's Slip 'n' Slide!! That is so the Coates' kids when we were kids!!

Amelia said...

Carrie, Parker with those shoes is too freaking cute, I love it. My Mom said, "A boy after my own heart"