Friday, July 20, 2007

Swim Lessons, The End

Well we wrapped up another session of swim lessons for the boys. Carson starts school next week so I didn't re-enlist them. We'll start up again next summer. I was so happy because right as the lessons started, Sam showed up!! He went to work really early, then came back for the lessons at 9am, then went back to work. He hasn't seen the kids in their lessons yet so I think he was pretty impressed by all they've learned.

Carson did so well in Level 2. He can do the front crawl for short distances, back float, jump off the diving board and swim to the edge, and all sorts of stuff I probably couldn't do!!


I love this picture of his face after he jumped off the diving board. I think it's a mixture of "Oh yeah, I'm the man" and "I can't believe I actually did that!"


Parker did pretty good in his "tots 1" class. He never got really comfortable with putting his whole face in the water, but by the last class he jumped off the side of the pool, into his teachers arms, without having to hold her hand first! That was a big moment for Parker (and me!).
These pictures make me laugh. His teacer basically lowered Parker in the water so he'd get his face wet. Parker would always sputter but then he'd give her a high-five so all is well!



On the last day of lessons the kids get their certificates and a sucker. Life is good!


Today I took the kids to get their haircut because they were looking pretty scrappy! This is such a strange smile for Parker, but at least the boys aren't fighting in this picture. :)


Carson starts 1st grade on 7/25, I can't believe it! I think Parker is going to be a little lost without his big brother to play with.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

wow they start school so much earlier compared to Washington, and you'd get out what felt like the end of summertime!! Jesh!

Susan said...

Those year round school schedules are so different.

Anonymous said...

hey parrrker- lets go to lunch while carson is in school! carson, i can't believe you are old enough to be in school all day!! awesome!!