Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bell Girls Retreat

This past weekend was a Bell (mom's maiden name is "bell") family girls retreat. We stayed in an amazing 2 bedroom condo right on Main Street in Park City. We had glorious plans to do all sorts of girly activities, but we mostly just ate and hung out! It was great!

Here is the view from my bedroom window. I'm not sure why, but this tree has hundreds of pairs of shoes and ski boots in it.


Here are the Oram chicks: Sharon, Maile, Nalani, and Kami


And here are the 3 Bell sisters: Pat, Barb, Sharon


Surprisingly, I didn't take that many pictures. We just hung out for a few days and enjoyed the freedom! On Sunday evening, my dad cooked dinner for all of us. Check out these little parmesan cheese bowls he made! He put our Caesar Salad in the bowls. Fancy!


On Monday, all of us girls went and got a pedicure! It was fun because there is a place on 104th south that can accommodate 7 pedicures at the same time. It was wonderful!!! That night, we went to Wheeler Farm and brought our dinner...Cafe Rio! As always, this place rocks!



That night Sam set up the tent in the boys' room for them to sleep in. Guess how long that lasted? Well, after 2 hours Parker finally gave up and slept in his bed. Carson, however, slept the whole night in his tent. So, Parker is like me (I never made it the whole night through when I tried to sleep on the tramp with friends) and Carson is like his dad, Sam always endures to the end!


On Tuesday, my mom watched my boys while we went and saw the movie "Hairspray". It was very good! After the movie we went down to Nalani's house in Orem and had cake in honor of Maile's birthday, which is this Sunday. The boys, Quinn and Carson, were in heaven because Nalani let them play in her hot tub!


Here is Maile blowing out her candles. I have a lot to say about this picture: check out all those fresh raspberries on Maile's cake! YUMMA. But, check out the items behind Maile, on the armoir...champagne?? Below that, a silver plate with a picture of the temple on it, and below that--a book called "The Mormon Story". Hmmm, Nalani, you may want to explain yourself here!! :)


We did fireworks on Tuesday night in honor of the Pioneers...? Well anyways, it was fun and Nalani and Maile did a great job lighting the fireworks!


Here is something funny Carson said to Sam the other day:
Sam: Hey Carson, if Squidword (from Spongebob) is an octopus, why do they call him "squidword"?
Carson: Because! They couldn't call him "Ocward" (awkward) could they?!?
Holy cow, that kid is so much like SAM!!!

On another note, I just finished the 7th Harry Potter book today. It was great!! I won't spoil anything for you, but just read it so I can talk to somebody about it!

Carson started 1st Grade yesterday. I'm a terrible mom because I didn't take a picture of him at his desk on his first day. You can imagine it though... He was pretty excited and so was I. I didn't cry, I was really excited for him. However, Parker is driving me MAD. All day long he keeps saying "where is Carson??" If anybody wants to play with a cute 3 year old, call me and I'll send Parker right over!!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I failed to mention WHERE on Main Street it was that we stayed. It was in Park City. When I tried to edit my post and add this info, I couldn't get it to work...

Jeff & Melissa said...

What a fun weekend for you girls. It was fun to stop and see you in PC! You girls are a great bunch!!

nalani said...

Wine bottle??---please---it's sparkling water---right! Actually why don't you ask Jed to explain that one. And the silver plate is of some type Malaysian temple---not a mormon temple. And

Susan said...

I'm sorry I missed it, it sounds like fun. (The Bell weekend and Nalani's hot tub). And I am reading book 7 of Harry Potter right now but am only a fourth of the way through. For some reason things keep coming up and stopping me from reading. But I'll hurry so we can chat.

Anonymous said...

what an awesome update! looks like a ton of fun!!

Anonymous said...

those are awesome parmesan bowls carl- how did you make them???

Sam said...

Happy anniversary Carrie. It's time to up date your blog.