Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Anniversary #9!!

Today marks the 9th year I have been married to Sam-I-Am. So basically, I'm the luckiest chick on the planet! I'm seriously amazed that it has already been 9 years, time flies when you're having fun!

For our anniversary we decided to buy a sweet Eddie Bauer Cabin Tent that was on sale at Target. It sleeps 9, but that just means it really sleeps 5 because we bring a lot of comfort equipment when we camp (I'm no dummy!).

My parents watched the boys tonight so we decided to set the tent up at their house. Here is the end result, it's perfect because now we can change our clothes standing up which is a huge bonus!!




The kids absolutely loved it too! In fact, Parker cried pathetically when we took the tent down! Now we need to go camping real soon. :)



Happy Anniversary Sam, I love you!!

Stop the presses: I just got home from my parent's house. Tonight my mom did some visiting teaching so my dad had the joy of watching my kids by himself. Apparently Parker did some big business in his diaper and my dad got to change it. Just so you realize how HUGE this is, he hasn't changed a diaper since Curtis was a baby, seriously. I decided to check out my dad's work and this is what I saw:


He had put it on backwards! I guess after he changed the diaper he asked Parker how it felt. Parker said "Good!" and that was that. Way to go dad! I'm just proud of you for changing it and not letting him sit around in it....

By the way, my dad already put a comment on this posting before I had a chance to explain the diaper story. At least our stories coincide so you know I'm not lying!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ended up tending the kids while Pat went Visiting Teaching. Guess who had a dirty diaper... Parker! I had to change it, and it is the first messy diaper I have changed out of all the grand kids. Matter of fact, I don't think I have changed a dirty diaper since Curtis was a baby. I did pretty good, but I understand I got it on backwards. G'paw.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Yay! for 9 years. Also where did Sam I am come from? Carl should have just bribed Carson to change it, but huge good job. That deserves a chickostick courtesy of Parker.

Anonymous said...

So Carl....did you tie a bandana around your face so you wouldn't have to smell it like Richard does???

Phil

Anonymous said...

Shandy will know where Sam-I-Am comes from when Dexter starts getting into Dr. Seuss (read "Green Eggs and Ham"). That tent is seriously wonderful!

Anonymous said...

PS. When I started changing the diaper, I told Parker to put his legs way up in the air and keep them there and to not move. After quite some time, Parker said "Grandpa, I can't keep my legs up any longer." I guess I was a little slow. Also, as soon as Pat got home he ran to the door and said "Grandma, Carl changed my diaper." He likes to call me Carl.

Jeff & Melissa said...

The diaper story cracks me up!!
Happy Anniversary... I remember when you were dating! Time flies :)

Susan said...

You mean that really short time they were dating. If you blink you miss it :-) Congratulations on nine years. It looks like Grandpa liked the tent, too.

Delene said...

At least Carl changed the diaper! I don't believe Keith has EVER changed a dirty one. A wet one, maybe once. Good sport, Carl!