Sunday, August 26, 2007

Empty Promises...

I think I mentioned in my last post that I was going to try and be better at posting more often....well THAT was an empty promise!

So, let me think about what I did last week....oh yeah, I don't do anything lately because I'm too sickly. I think Sam is getting bored so if anybody does anything fun, will you please invite my husband?? Thanks!!

I did finally see the Transformers movie with Sam, Curtis, and Shandy. That was, surprisingly, a really good movie!

Today is my mother-in-law's 72nd birthday. Happy Birthday Fontella! In her honor we held a BBQ at James' house. As soon as everybody got there the clouds parted and DOWN came the RAIN. It was awesome!! It doesn't stop the Sweet's from enjoying it anyway. We had moments of sun so it's all good.

Here is a nice shot of a few of the Sweet cars and the rain:


Here is a shot of Parker stealing Fern's Diet Coke...and I wonder why Parker gets crazy when he's around Fern! j/k!


We didn't really get a picture of the birthday gal, Oops. I'll get one tomorrow because a bunch of us Sweet Girls are going to be in the studio audience of "Good Things Utah" on channel 4 at 10:00am. How fun for us! I don't know much about this show but hopefully it's like Oprah's "favorite things" and we all get to go home with jewelry or an ipod or something like that! Heck, I'll be happy with some popcorn, or maybe a nice cold beverage. Once we are seated, nobody is allowed to get up and leave until the show is over. So I'm slightly nervous because what if I need to hurl? Hmmmm, pray for me!

Because I don't have anything really fun to talk about I'll tell you a joke that my good friend Traci Bateman sent me:

WHY YOU NEVER QUESTION A DRUNK.
I was shopping at the local supermarket where I selected:
A half-gallon of 2% milk,
A carton of eggs,
A quart of orange juice,
A head of romaine lettuce,
A 2 lb. can of coffee, and
A 1 lb. package of bacon.

As I was unloading my items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk
standing behind me watched as I placed the items in front of the cashier.

While the cashier was ringing up the purchases, the drunk calmly
stated, "You must be single."

I was a bit startled by this proclamation, but I was intrigued by the
derelict's intuition, since I was indeed single. I looked at the six
items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about my
selections that could have tipped off the drunk to my marital status.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I said: "Well, you know what,
you're absolutely right. But how on earth did you know that?"

The drunk replied,
"... 'cause you're ugly".

Ha HA Ha! I love that story.................

6 comments:

Lani said...

I was just sitting on the couch holding my sleeping daughter and was reading your blog about being on Good Things Utah. I changed the channel and literally right then the hosts were saying that they have birthdays in the audience. I saw them wish Fontella a happy b-day and I saw her on camera. How fun! (Didn't see you though.)

Susan said...

I have never seen Good Things Utah but it is one of my sister, Rose's, favorite shows. She would be jealous. I hope you got through it all right.

Anonymous said...

that was fun! we were totally dogged on the favorite things giveaway!!! lunch was fun too- by the way, park ,parek prar parkkk- mmmm needed another sip of d coke- parker is never crazy around me.....

Anonymous said...

I don't normally watch Good Things Utah, but I was flipping through the channels as they were finishing up the birthdays, so I missed Fontella, but I could have sworn I saw Audrey and I was planning on telling my mom; now I know that I really did see her (too bad I missed the rest of you)! That's pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

Fern...nobody's crazy to a crazy person! Happy B-day mom. I told a lady at my work that you turned 72 and her reply was, "Oh, so she's pretty young!" I don't know how old she thinks I am but everyone should know that 72 is young to some people. The rain was nice. James moved one of the Anderson's motorcycles into the garage and said,"that's the only one I dare to touch" leaving the two BMW's outside. I thought that was funny.

Anonymous said...

P.S. - those are some sweet cars!