Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

I love that song!

Anyway, last night there was a full lunar eclipse. I knew about it, but didn't plan on getting up in the middle of the night to see it. That's what the internet is for I figured! Well, nature called at 3:15am so I figured as long as I was up I'd go check it out. It was really cool. So I decided to go wake Sam so he could see it as well. We sat on the front steps for awhile watching it. Here is one of the first pictures I took:


As amazing as the eclipse was, guess what was even more amazing? I think my kids have a built in alarm that says "mom and dad have left the building!" because pretty soon Parker joined us on the steps. A few minutes later, here comes Carson. Here it is, 3:30am and all four of us were outside looking at the moon. So strange!

Here is another shot around 3:45am. It was cool because the moon had a reddish glow:


Here is what the moon looked like around 4:00am. This was as long as I made it. I was cold and ready to go back to bed!


Unfortunately for Sam, he was never able to go back to sleep so he went to work instead! He is crazy like that. :)

On an unrelated story:
Carson has to hide one of his cars from Parker because Parker always cries until he gets to hold it. For some reason, Carson started using the freezer as his hiding place--again, it makes perfect sense to Carson!
Sam had the great idea to freeze the car in water. Today Carson came home from school and opened the freezer to play with the car. He was so confused at first then he just laughed his guts out! Here are some pics of it:


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too bad those pictures don't do the eclipse justice, it was pretty cool. I think we need to invest in a digital SLR camera with a nice lens. Next time we need to invite some neighbors over...maybe have some donuts and chocolate milk.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen Carson's reaction to the frozen Dynaco McQueen. If they're going to make a sequel to that movie they better hurry before Owen succeeds at killing himself...sad. I think he just needs a friend.

cathy said...

Oh yeah, Bonnie Tyler! I'm glad you got to see that. That's so romantic, sitting on the porch at 3 a.m. watching the moon.... at least until the kids showed up!

Anonymous said...

the eclipse was cool- i got up at 3:11 then fell back asleep until 4:30- then got up a couple times after that- unfortunatly the moon had gone behind the trees- i was glad the neighbors were sleeping so they didn't see me running around my back yard in my skivies!! carson and sam are two of a kind- it makes as much perfect sense to hide a car in the freezer as it does to freeze in in ice!!! boys!

Rose said...

Cool pictures! I'm glad you posted them because I slept through the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Dayna and I work with Sam. Sam sent me your site address and I have to say this is so creative! I think it is a great way to keep people up to date on what's going on. I also had nature call just before 3am so I did not get to see all of it :(. But I love the pictures you took, thanks for the good read. Dayna

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Dayna! She was supposed to put how great I was but I guess she forgot.

Susan said...

So that's what it looked like!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the eclipse until I was jogging at 6:00 am, so I caught the tail end of it. But that was pretty funny to freeze the car; Ben noticed that it was the Dynaco Lightning (a rare find).

Sarah said...

Oh, Sam, I can't believe you went there with Owen Wilson. At least now I know we have a sick of sense of humor in common.....