Saturday, July 05, 2008

If Life Were Slower, I'd Be Bored

We've been doing all sorts of stuff the past few days! I honestly cannot believe how fast paced life seems to be, but I'm really enjoying it.

GIRLS CAMP
Sam and I were able to go to Girls Camp on Wednesday night for "Bishopric night". I think our Young Women's presidency is AMAZING! They made camp so much fun and they thought of so many great things for the girls to do...I was truly impressed! Our ward had the theme of "Individual Worth" and everything was red. They decided to put the red to good use and tie it into the movie 'Mulan'.

When we arrived they gave us red shirts and red bandanas to wear. Doesn't Sam look intense?


For the Stake Night Program, the YW presidency had sewn kimonos for all the girls, complete with sashes, fans, and decorated chopsticks for their hair. Don't they look great?


They were kind enough to make kimonos for the bishoric too. Unfortunately, boys will be boys...they didn't take it as seriously as the girls did...




Here is our Stake President telling our bishop that he should probably remove the 'mask'. Busted!


Sam took this picture. Good thing he didn't have any boogies in his nose!


After the Stake Program, we enjoyed a testimony meeting with the girls and then hung out everybody. I brought Holly Nesbit, the YW Pres, her own private stash of Mtn Dew because it's delicious! Hmmm, I think I'll drink one right now......

WAKEBOARDING
Thursday night at about 10:30pm, Sam took Carson and Parker to Jordanelle to go wakeboarding again. They spend the night, got up EARLY, played until 11am and came home on Friday. Sam didn't take a lot of pictures, but these two are cute!



SLIP-N-SLIDE
On the 4th my boys had the privilege of playing on the slip-n-slide at my parents house. They weren't totally fearless, but they did pretty good. I think this picture says it all...Carson's face says "oooh, that is c-c-c-cold!" Parker's face says "It's cold, but I'm tough!"


Here is Sam showing the kids how to do it the "right" way.


WII
As Sam was coming home from WakeBoarding, I made a surprise purchase. I've been working lots of hours this summer because I'm covering for a co-worker's maternity leave. Since my paycheck was a little heftier, I decided to buy something fun. I bought a Wii. My parents bought one too so when all the "kids" are at their house they can have something fun to play. I'm so excited because there is a version of Rock Band for the Wii now so let the fun begin! Carson pretty much kicks my butt at every game I play with him. I fear for the future....

I've never been a fan of having a video game system at my house but the Wii involves so much activity and movement...it really is lots of fun!


Here is what my family looked like while playing one of the games. My dad is concentrating super hard!


Here is a FORMAL invite! PLEASE COME PLAY WITH US! We would love people to come over and play the Wii, the more the merrier!

FIREWORKS
Last night we decided to go to the West Jordan fireworks show. My mom stayed home with Cameron and the rest of us made the adventure. Sam's not a huge firework fan but I kept saying "We are making memories for our children, please play along" I'm not so sure about how successful we were at making memories because the fireworks didn't start until 11pm!!! Both my boys were FAST ASLEEP on the grass before the fireworks began and they didn't wake up for them when they got going. Pretty dang funny! I thought they were cool... Here are some pictures that were taken before the fireworks started:





Just before the fireworks, all THREE of my boys fell asleep:


While waiting for the show to start, I discovered that my camera has a "firework" setting on it. How convenient that I figured that out right before I saw fireworks!



I should have known Parker was going to fall asleep during fireworks because he couldn't even finish his dinner last night due to his exhaustion!


SATURDAY IS A SPECIAL DAY...
Sam blew up the kiddie pool this afternoon so the boys have basically been out there all day (of course, this is after Carson woke us up at 7am asking Sam to set up the Wii so he could play bowling!)


Well, that's my last 3 days in a nutshell. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

11 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

How fun!! I secretly wish that I could still go to girls camp... I miss it.
I just found out that they now make Guitar Hero Aerosmith Edition for WII and PS3. We don't have either one, so you should buy it so that I can can come try it out.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

SUCKERS! We had a party at Angie's house this afternoon and we had a water slide just like the kids, exactly like it it, except that it was the height of Angie's house. It was super sweet, even my MOM went down it several times. I acted like a pouty little kids when my Dad told me it was time to pack it in and go home (he was my ride). Dang. We missed you guys!

Oh yea, I had a blog stalker moment today! I was at the Smith's by Angie's house and while walking out in walks your Dad. I told Brian and he said, "You girls and your blogs!"

Holly Strong said...

Craziness. WE too have been super busy, but my camera failed to make much of an appearance. Oh well. I want to come play...let me check my schedule..hmmm...how does August sound. LOL!!!!

The Airharts said...

wow-no kidding, what a busy few days. That picture at girls camp is crazy-I only know 2 of the young women-thats insane since I have only been gone for 4 months!Looks like fun-but I have to say, I'm glad it wasnt me planning this year!!!!!

Carrie said...

Laurel,
I'm sorry we didn't make the party!!! I wasn't home on Saturday during the shin dig and Sam had a bazillion and one things on his "to do" list. Keep inviting us to stuff, I promise we'll 'show' eventually!

I'm laughing at your blog stalker moment. I told my dad about it today and he had a good chuckle!

Amy said...

You Sweets are always so busy! It makes life a whole lot more interesting. I love the pictures of the bishopric in there kimonos.
We will have to come over some time to try out your wii. I have heard it is great excersize.

Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

love the update!! i can't believe you fit all that in this weekend! russ is gone for another week- scout camp- mel doesn't work until sat- so call and we will come over!

Natalie said...

You got a "no-friend-o?" Sweet. We're going to try and get one this Christmas. I need to come and play Rock Band with you guys. Love the girls camp stuff. In our stake, the stake does EVERYTHING, so the YW presidencies aren't even involved OR invited! I miss it.

nalani said...

Dang that was a long post.....very fun though! I can't wait to come over and have a WII all nighter---nobody sleeps!!!

Jill said...

Ok, that's so funny about the whole fireworks thing, because we have a great view from our house. All day long Brooklyn waited for the fireworks and we invited grandma nad grandpa to watch. we sat outside forever! waiting for them to start. Halfway through Brooklyn looks at me and says Mom, can we just go in, I am so tired!

Susan said...

At least you had glow sticks while waiting for fireworks.