Saturday, July 19, 2008

Something Old, Something New, Parker With His Pants Off Too

So the other day the kids were playing in the back yard. Carson comes running in the house and said "Parker threw his pants over the fence!". Luckily Sam was home so I put my fingers in my ears, hummed a song off-tune, and pretended I didn't hear anything.

Apparently Parker's shorts are a bit big so his pants fall down easily. Carson (not one to pass by an opportunity like that) kept 'pantsing' him. So I'm sure Parker got mad (shocker) and threw his pants over the fence into the neighbor's yard. While he was hanging out in his underwear, he noticed that our other neighbor's were in their backyard. I don't know what caused him to think this was okay, but he "mooned" them, and according to our neighbor it wasn't the backside he mooned them with....so I guess he "sunshined" them. Sam went outside to take care of the situation. Parker was unsuccessfully trying to hide behind the basketball stand:


Parker's face was still dirty from dinner so Sam said to Parker, "let's wash your face". Sam grabbed the hose and sprayed a steady stream, directly into Parker's face. While Parker screamed, Sam said "quit taking your pants off!".

Problem solved? I guess time will tell.

Back in May of 2005, Parker was almost one year old. We went to a Park in West Jordan. Parker loved the swing. See?


We went to that same park last night with our friends, the Sharpe's, and Parker still likes the swings. Well, at least I think he liked the swings...


It was fun getting together with old friends again. We were in the same ward with Jeremy and Marisa when we lived in the avenues. In fact, they lived in the house right next to our house. Good times!

Here's Marisa and myself with our newest additions. We look happy, the kids...not so much. Ashton is 2 months younger than Cameron.


Oh yeah, I got my hair colored. Don't I look 10 years younger? ha ha ha!


Here is Jeremy and Sam. Again, kids are not so sure what's going on.


And finally, Cameron fell asleep on Sam's shoulder. I don't have any words to express how weird I think his lips look here. He kind of reminds me of of Gumby. Does anyone even remember Gumby? Anyway, bizarre-o!

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Your hair looks great! We have had the issue of shorts falling down as well. In the Target parking lot as I was madly dragging Easton along because he was in trouble, his shorts fell down to his ankles. Someone in our ward watch the whole thing go down.

laura said...

too funny! i have a picture of me behind our lamp post, and it looks exactly like the picture of parker! i think i was trying to hide from my brother!

the hair looks great! i hate my grays...such a pain in the butt to get rid of!

Rose said...

You're going gray! I didn't notice, lol. I bet Parker's a hoot at hide and seek. Love the last pic. It looks like his lips are so relaxed they're sliding off his face.

Natalie said...

Tell Parker he needs to find better hiding places. Sam cracks me up with the hose-in-the-face.

The Airharts said...

These are the kind of stories that we read your blog for!

nalani said...

Jed and I were laughing pretty hard at Sam squirting him down---that's awesome! We'll have to take note of that great parenting skill for the future! I'm anxious to see if it works though! And as for Gumby----of course I remember our bell-bottom clay friend---who could forget him and yes, Cameron's lips to look like that!

holly said...

You and Sam have such great parenting skills! Seriously, I love how relaxed you always are. Parker is the cutest! Maybe we need to turn our primary lessons up a notch!

And yes, the hair looks great! I've decided to just embrace my white hairs. I consider them my natural highlights.