Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Rainstorm

Besides the obvious perks of having a really rainy spring season (yard looks great, temperatures are nice and cool, I'm reminded of living in Seattle...), one thing I really love is the look of the natural light outside after the storm--especially if the storm ended right before sunset.

Friday night was one of those stormy evenings. I had a friend in college who used to describe this kind of light by saying "ooooh, everything looks celestialized". As corny as that sounds, I think it's a perfect description! Just look at that rainbow!


With the cool lighting I decided to take some pictures of my flowers. Oh yeah, I took a few of the older 2 boyz as well.

I have not enhanced these colors at all, so fun. Here's a mini rose bush:


Red Lilies:


Crazy P-Maw and the boy who wore a Christams shirt in June:


Lavendar Bush:


My personal favorite: White Geranium. The lighting on this one rocks!


For Mother's Day I got a few rosebushes. They are in bloom and I love them. Happy Mother's Day to me...it's the gift that keeps on giving.



Pretty sky, real purdy.


I could go on and on but I'm pretty sure you are already bored so I'll refrain.

Stay tuned for some fun pics later this week....we've painted our entire basement and carpet will be installed on Thursday morning. My house is such a huge mess right now because everything has to be out of the basement to accommodate the carpet installation. I'm seriously freaking out, I hate living this cluttered life. I keep telling myself that it will be worth it. :)

8 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

New carpet is nice when everything is put away, are all of those flowers in your yard? Pretty picture!

laura said...

you've always had the prettiest yard!

yeah, we definitely need to hang out. we're getting sod next week for the ol' yard, so hopefully we can have some bbq's before the summer's over!

Ginger said...

Pretty, pretty pictures! Thanks. Now you have brought your rainbow picture over even though it was in cyberspace. ;)

Rose said...

I know what you mean about the carpet. We need our upstairs redone and I am wondering where I am going to put everything while it's installed. I already did the painting (accept for my room)but I'm thinking we had better install the kitchen floor before the carpet. That doesn't sound like too much fun either! Maybe I'll wait till Zack gets home!

Susan said...

It will be worth it!

Thomas said...

That coloring is incredible.

cathy said...

Beautiful flowers! I think I was looking at the clouds at the same time you took that picture, because we all just went outside and stared at the clouds. Nice!

The Airharts said...

Carrie you are so funny-the chairs...not hard at all! To be honest..I just watched a home improvment show the day before I bought them that showed how to change the seat covers...it was super super easy-then I called my aunt about the wood finished and she told me what to get and I hjust wiped it all over them. It honestly was such a easy project..next time you run into something like that call me and I'll tell you how easy it will be!He he-ps-love the geranium shot! I am so impressed with your photog skills! P.S.S-I have been meaning to take a picture of this wreath on my neighbors door for you...look forward to it-it reminds me of you every time I drive past-haha