Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's and Dads-to-be!

We had a nice Father's Day. While I was making breakfast for Sam, all the boys laid in bed with their Dad.


Last year we started a new tradition for Father's Day. Here's my post from last year. Well, due to the weather (rain and more rain) we couldn't go up a canyon this year. However, we decided to keep with the tradition of tin foil dinners. Instead of an open fire, we used my dad's Grill! So good, I'll be dreaming of that dinner tonight. Thanks to my dad for doing the grilling on his special day. Oh yeah, he also made mint brownies...with York Peppermint Patties as the middle mint layer. Holy cow, to die for!

Sam took a picture of his masterpiece (before being cooked). Fancy! I don't think there is a vegetable that Sam doesn't like. It's amazing.


We did a cliche gift this year and bought him a few ties. He looks real nice, don't you think?



This is my 11th Father's Day with Sam, 9 of which he's actually been a father. Lemme tell ya....he's a great dad! I'm so glad I married him. Love ya Sam!

Phew, Parker's birthday yesterday, Father's Day today...what will this week bring? Oh yeah, paint. We have to paint our family room this week. I'm pretty tired of living like I'm in a college dorm room. If you've been to my house in the past week, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's just not meshing with my simple/clean lifestyle. I'm freaking out here....

2 comments:

cathy said...

Now that's a foil dinner!

Sam said...

It was a great Father's Day, thanks for always trying to make them the best!!!

I updated my blog today...