Saturday, June 20, 2009

Parker is 5!

Happy Birthday Parker! I was sad when Parker turned 4 because "I was going to miss my 3-year old Parker". Today I was sad when he turned 5 because now "I'm going to miss my 4-year old Parker". Here's hoping this 5th year brings just as much joy and random-ness as the years gone by have. Seriously, Parker is such an individual, he keeps me on my toes.

The weather was pretty out of control rainy/cold so Parker chose to go to the dinosaur museum. The last time we were there was probably 3 years ago so it was fun to revisit.

Ooooh,scary cave.


"Edgar, your skin is hanging off your bones." Name that movie!!!

Anyway, here is a nice dinosaur foot. I like the shadow on the wall, agghhhhh, ribs!


This water erosion table is so much fun. Kids can build dams, bury dinosaurs, make rivers...non-stop fun. I told my dad he should build one in his basement!


My dad was with us and he watched this one kid build a dam. He said to me "as soon as that kid leaves, I'm going to go break that dam". Sure enough, a few minutes later the kid left. My dad casually heads over to the table and breaks through the dam.


Ha Ha, BUSTED! See those hands on the left side of the picture? That's another kid who is ticked off because some white-haired man just ruined the dam she was going to play with! She had it rebuilt within 10 seconds.


Hey Parker, how old are you? Um, can you be a little more excited? No? OH, okay.


Oh, sweet action shot of the kids jumping on the dinosaur scale. Combined weight? 110 lbs. They thought if they jumped on it, they would weigh more. I understand the logic, I think it makes perfect sense.


Here's Parker, smiling in the face of adversity. We can all learn a lesson from that.


Tonight we had a little cake and ice cream. Unfortunately, I didn't leave much time to make/decorate the cake. Let's be honest, it was the most ghetto cake I'll probably ever make. Whatebes, Parker loved it so who cares? Lucky for me, my nephew Aaron was at my house while I was trying to decorate the blasted thing. He's creative, so he graciously took over for me. Frosting in a can, brilliant.


Squirting whip cream in your mouth....for whimps. Squirting frosting in your mouth is for serious sugar seekers.




Oops, I guess Parker isn't hardcore. He promptly spit it all out in the bathroom sink. This look says it all....He's probably thinking "I'm going to regret this in the morning..." Hork.


OH man, I just realized I never took a picture of the decorated cake. It said "P 5" on the cake and Aaron turned it into an omnitrix from Ben10, Parker's favorite show. It was very coolio.
Happy Birthday buddy! By the way, my mom is laying on the couch because she had her knee scoped yesterday and had all the scar tissue removed from around her knee. Yowza!


Here's hoping she has a speedy, full recovery!


The doctors recorded the whole procedure and gave my dad a DVD of it! We watched it tonight, very interesting. Scar tissue looks kind of like fluffy cotton. Add that to your "gee whiz" file!

Alrighty Parker, I hope you had a great day. I love you so much! Thanks for being you. I look forward to getting to know my 5-year old Parker.

3 comments:

Sam said...

I think people that have high expectations get the most frustrated, like Parker. Carson and I are rarely frustrated and emotional because we expect very little of ourselves and the people around us. Probably not the best way to be but it keeps the blood pressure down! Parker gets very frustrated when he can't do something which can be a good motivator when he's older...

sam said...

By the way, my comment didn't really have anything to do with Carrie's post but Grandma Sweet gave him a yo-yo for his birthday and after unsuccessfully attempting it several times he threw it and began to cry, that's what made me think of this wonderful trait of Parker's.

Unknown said...

A video of the scar tissue procedure?? My gosh. Karen wouldn't even let me post a picture of the staples down my back after tumor removal!!

Phil