Sunday, September 06, 2009

I'm Missing My Measuring Cups

Cameron has this really bad habit. He finds random items and throws them in the garbage. His item of choice? My measuring cups. I'm pretty sure I don't have a complete set of measuring cups anymore. I have found them under my couches, in his toy basket, and many times, in the garbage can. This is something I deal with every day, I'm quite sensitive to the sound of the garbage can lid swinging back and forth.

Sam dealt with it for about an hour one evening and I walked through the kitchen to find this:


That's what I love about Sam. Instead of just dealing with a crappy situation, he takes care of it and prevents the situation from happening again!

Of course, I could never get too grumpy with him when he's staring at me with those big ol' baby blues!


To recap from my last post:
I'm settling into the life of a stay-at-home mom pretty nicely. There have only been a few moments of panic when I thought I needed to check my emails or voicemails before I remembered that I could be gone the whole day if I wanted and nobody would care or notice.

I made some cinnamon rolls and took them to my former co-workers because they are stressed out of their minds right now. Each person is essentially doing the work of about 5 people, it's craziness. I told them it goes against everything I know to just watch people be stressed out and not jumping in to help them. Oh well, right?

I had lunch with some friends one day, and on Friday I spent most of the day canning peaches, doing peach jam, and making peach fruit leather with my parents. It was super fun! I've been able to spend more quality time with my kids which has been eye opening. Cameron still isn't napping but we've both embraced it, he's a lot happier now and I love not being tied to the house during nap time. Overall, life is good!

On Friday night we went to the park with my parents and had a picnic:
Crazy Cameron didn't eat a ton, but he liked to walk around sucking on ice. My lips would have been blue and numb if I kept ice in my mouth for as long as he did!



Carson and Parker got on the tire swing and my dad swung them around so fast, it made me want to hork, seriously.

Look at how hard they are laughing in some of the pictures! I LOVE laughing this hard!!!





Cameron loves to swing, oh my, I can't wait until that child can pump his legs to swing himself!




He also learned how to go down the slide by himself. He MOSTLY loved it...



On Saturday we were able to attend a play at the Hale Center Theater with our friends and see the Scarlet Pimpernel. It was really good! Also, who knew that they have AMAZING cookies at their concession desks?? I'm going to dream about those cookies! My friend said "this cookie is mostly why I attend these plays!" Very funny!

That night we had dinner with our friends, the Hildebrands. They just had a baby boy 3 weeks ago. I could have held him all night! He is adorable, congrats to Tom and Laura!! Ummmmm, sorry again about my kids teaching your kids how to climb into your window well. Some life lessons I don't think to teach until the moment presents itself...chalk it up to life experiences! One day that trick just may come in handy! :)

Tonight we attended the birthday party for my nephew, Dexter. Dexter is three and super funny. He knows every "Cars" character, even the characters that only appear on screen for 10 seconds! Hysterical!





Here's my dad trying to teach Cameron to blow into a party favor. My dad is blowing so hard....but he doesn't have anything in his mouth!


This three year old is going to be stylin'! Check out his new shoes.


Happy Birthday Dex man! Thanks for the entertainment tonight, you are one fun young man!

Tomorrow is Labor Day. For a week Parker has been saying "I'm so excited for Monday! We get to go on vacation!" I keep trying to explain to him that just because he doesn't have school, it doesn't mean we are going to go on a vacation. He doesn't believe me. We better think of something to do tomorrow or we're going to have one disappointed 5-year old at my house!

5 comments:

Angela said...

What a great park you visited. Where do you live now? Your three boys are very handsome. Have fun spending more time with them at home.

Rose said...

thanks for the update!

fern said...

great pictures! we missed you at bear lake- the best water we have ever had- and it was nice and overcast most of the time!

Toni said...

tie-downs on the garbage can Brilliant!!! That right there is why I love you guys! Cam is so stinking big! I am glad that you are adjusting well and enjoying being at home.

Whitney said...

Stella used to throw away our remote controls. We wandered around the house with the PBS station on for 5 days before we decided to do anything about it. Congrats on not working outside the home!