Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dog Days Of Summer

We hung out with my brother-in-law James the other day. He has a fun house with a field behind his back yard. He even has an electrical fence. When I grew up (debatable) in Idaho, we had an electrical fence in our back yard. I can STILL remember the way I felt when the jolts ran through my arm. Oddly enough, I don't ever remember my parents telling us NOT to touch that fence. I think they thought it was funny. I guess that's why I laughed when Carson touched the fence the other night! Aaaaaannnnnndddd, we come full circle. I guess that's what they mean when they say "the circle of life".... What? You don't agree wiht me? Whatebs.

Parker and Cameron grew matching goatee's for the summer. They will definitely need to shave before school starts.


James has a cow in the field behind his house. Well, I call it a cow. My mom laughs at me because apparently it's a bull. However, since I did not grow up on a farm, if it "moo's" it's a cow. Capiche?

Anyway, this cow acts like a dog. It was so funny! He walks right behind you and shoves you in the rear with his head, just to be playful. James even went out to the field and pushed the cow around and wrestled a bit with him. That crazy cow would jump around and go back for more, just like a dog!! Country life can be full of surprises I guess. I thought cows were uber-afraid of people.


I think Carson just grabbed the electrical fence....hmmmm, does being electrified make you have to go to the bathroom? Just wonderin'.... It sure looks to be the case here!


This picture is a bit blurry, but I love how both Nick and Carson are laughing. I have countless memories from my childhood where my cousins and I would laugh our guts out. I LOVE seeing these boys laughing together. I hope they never forget how fun family is!!


This morning we dropped Carson off at his scout leaders house so he could go to Cub Scout Camp. We then realized that we should go do something really fun while he was gone so he would feel ripped off. Just kidding. We realized that since we were up at 7:30am on a Saturday, we should go do something really fun.

We went downtown to watch the Youth Parade. It was awesome. Fern has been in charge of building her Stake's float since last year. She did a great job and their float won an Award from the parade committee. Good job Fern!


Here is Cindy holding up the award! Precious!


Parker got to ride on the back of the four-wheeler with Russ during the parade. We thought Cameron would like that spot but he violently disagreed. I can't wait for the day that I understand that child better...



There were lots of kids, it was fun...and hot. Oh, and see that butterfly balloon? That dang thing is in my house right now. Dang butterfly balloons!



Here's my nephew Dallin. He just got his mission call to the California LA mission, speaking Korean. Sweeeeeeet!


In other news, I took Carson and Parker to see "Despicable Me" tonight. Oh man, that is a funny movie! I heard several bust-a-gut laughs out of each of my boys. They couldn't stop talking about it the whole way home. Now they will quote it for the next few weeks. Funny now, not so funny a few days from now. It's a crazy cycle!

Oh man, bedtime.... ZzZzZzZzzzzzzzzzz

7 comments:

karadie said...

I love your blog! it's always so entertaining. It look like you guys are having an eventful fun summer wish we could see more of you.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Go Fern! That's a pretty cool float. Russ' hat is pretty cool too.
That electric fence thing is pretty funny!

DJ and Gin Family said...

P.S. I like the word pretty.

Natalie said...

Oh, I'm laughing that you remember the feeling of the electricity coursing it's way through your body. Sounds like you touched it more than once? Hilarious! Next time, tell your boys to pee on the fence.

Carl and Pat said...

Natalie--about your suggestion to the boys on the electric fence. Our older boys will tell you it's a painful experience!

fern said...

i had lots- ok some help on the float- hehe and i have a bridge i'll sell you- well, its free and it's really neat, and i like it a lot- please, anyone, just come take it away!!

Carl and Pat said...

My favorite is the sunbonnet and sunglasses--wouldn't those pioneers have loved to have had those! Way to go Fern and group! Also enjoyed seeing James, Nick and the gang the other night. You're the best, James!