Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Rest Of The Story

Here's an update from Girls Camp to current. What it is about summer that makes it so hard to stay updated on the ol' blog?!

This past weekend we went to Silver Lake for a picnic and to have a nice walk around the lake. If you haven't been here before, you should totally check it out. It's gorgeous AND kid friendly....well for most kids it's friendly...

There is a boardwalk that goes around the lake and we almost always see a moose while there. So fun!

I took this picture after our picnic. The world was their oyster. I seriously don't know what the heck that means. Let's just say the future was bright!


Here is Sam. He's gettin' back to his roots. G.I. Joe on the West Side? Awwww yeah!


Just after I took that picture of Sam, we rounded the corner to the beginning of the boardwalk experience. At this point we are standing above all this marshy land. The water is standing still, it's about waist deep, and it's pretty black and gross. Usually Cameron is in a stroller but we let him walk it this time.

All of a sudden, Cameron caught his shoe on the edge of the boardwalk, spun around so his back was facing the water and his face was looking right at the sun. Then everything went super slow-mo as he started falling towards the black water below. His feet were spread eagle, his arms were spread eagle, and he had a crazy horrified look on his face. I started to yell for Sam to save him, but Sam was already on his knees reaching out for Cameron. ***SPLASH, GLURG, SCREEEEAAAAAMMMMMMMM!***

Sam grabbed him, but not before the nasty water had engulged over Cameron. He pulled him back to the boardwalk and I snapped a sad picture.


Shortest Silver Lake trip evah. We rushed back to the car, stripped Cameron down to his skivvies and drove home. He wasn't too happy with us. Live and learn.....

Onto happier things.

I've been on a mission lately to teach my boys the value of hard work. I don't want them growing up to be teenagers who do nothing but sit around. Sam decided to make the ghetto play house in our backyard into a cool fort for the boys. He bought a bunch of wood and we put them to work! I think Carson is more accepting of hard work than Parker is!


More pictures on that as they make further progress. Now they only have weekends to work on it because....

My kids are back in school. I know it's only July, but that's the way we roll with year round school. This year is drastically different from last year....this year I do NOT have to do the blasted Kindergarten run! No more heading to the school in the middle of the day. SCORE!!! Now I have 2 kids in school all day. It's pretty strange. Cameron and I kick it together all day. I had forgotten what it was like to have just a toddler at home. He's actually happier because he gets my full attention. Let's hope it lasts.... Although yesterday he was whining for Parker. Too bad, so sad! Awww, poor buddy.

After Parker's first day of school he came home with a bag that was titled "letter detective". Basically, Parker is supposed to spy on people who read and write it down in a journal. In the kit came a magnifying glass and some funny glasses/nose/mustache disguise.

Parker put it on and said: "Now nobody will recognize me! They will just think I'm a SIR!"


Not to be left out, Cameron was freaking out because I wanted to try on the glasses. He put them on and then proudly looked at me and said "CHEESE!!!!"


Here are Carson and Parker on their first day of school. OH man, Parker looks a little freaked out. Get used to it buddy, this starts a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG school career for ya!


I'll admit, I had butterflies in my stomach for him on his first day. But, I'll never fess up to it because I'm not a sissy like that!

4 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

We are in the same boat. My house is so quiet and I am actually keeping up with the messes. It is kinda sad though. I thought about having another kid, for about 2 seconds, then slapped myself silly. First grade is great!! Great pictures.

Natalie said...

Your boys make cute sirs. Too bad Cameron didn't have his sir glasses on when he fell off the boardwalk.

Carl and Pat said...

Sadistic as I am, I wish we could have snapped a photo of him as he hit the water! It was classic--arms spread wide, legs and same, and that terrified look on his face. I felt so badly for him, but wanted to laugh, too. (Guess you know you come by that honestly, Carrie.) Love the photos of the "disguised sirs." Good blog. (Mom C)

Rose said...

You can have our tree house that Sam helped me build! All you have to do is unscrew the bottom bolts and it comes right out! Just needs a fresh coat of stain and a new slide.