Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Best Age Ever!

So far in the lives of my boys, the age of 3 has been my favorite age. Potty trained, developed sense of humor, but still innocent and lovey towards mom and dad. It's stupendous!

Cameron turned 3 on the 9th.

Here's dad wishing Cameron a happy birthday. He's so thrilled, can you tell?


I took him to the party store (that's what I call it because I don't know how to pronounce "Zurchers".) and got him some balloons. We found some awesome sunglasses while we were there:


Then he almost smiled once we had the balloons:


See a theme here? I don't think he enjoyed all the attention to be honest with you. He gets that from his dad!!
The whole time we sang "happy birthday" to him, he never changed his face from this:


For realsies...what is he thinking here?
My mom seriously cannot sing!
The first years were tough, what is 2011 going to bring me?
Did I turn off the iron?
I hope I make it to the bathroom in time...
....nope
This is the face I shall make when my mom is talking to me in 10 years
I already ate one of these ghetto cupcakes at lunchtime. Why is it a big deal now?


Holy cow, that song took forever. Now for the good part!


So far the hardest part about being 3 is telling people how old I am in sign language!




The present theme was definitely "Thomas the Tank Engine". He was happy to have some new books, a backpack, and a Thomas tent for his room. As he opened each present he was happy, but not too enthusiastic....until he opened his last present, the tent. As he ripped off the wrapping paper he yelled "This is what I've been waiting for!!!" Hysterical.



After finally convincing Cameron to quit playing in his tent and go to bed, I collapsed on the couch to chill out. A few minutes later, Parker came out of his room and said "my toes hurt". After trying to suggest what might help and what has helped in the past when his toes hurt (this isn't our first rodeo with this excuse) he got really mad at me and said "BESIDES, I WASN'T EVEN BORN IN THE PAST!" and then he went to bed. And that ended my busy day of celebration for Cameron's birth.

Happy birthday Cameron! I'm not going to lie, I'm sure happy it's 2011 and not 2008!! Phew!! Having babies is hard work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ronan would be really jealous if he saw that Thomas the Tank tent. We got him a Toy Story III sleeping bag and air mattress to use when he spends the night with grandma and grandpa.

PHil

Sam said...

He definitely has his own little way of expressing himself...to put it delicately. It WAS pretty funny how straight faced he was during the "Happy Birthday" song. Like he was either trying to figure out his next move or waiting for some punch line.

Carl and Pat said...

That boy is truly unique! He was so much to watch playing Thomas with Aaron (Corey...?) Love this blog, by the way.