Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Haps

My kids are off track now. I'm hoping we can do some wild and crazy things so I have something worthwhile to blog about. Seriously, the day to day hum-drum is starting to bum me out! Here's a few things we've done lately...

Sam pulled out his "memory box" the other day, which consists of pictures from his youth and mission. Carson and Parker were completely enthralled with them. It was pretty cute. I do believe Sam was in hog-heaven!


If you know me, you know how I feel about raw meat. Think of something that makes your skin crawl and then you feel like you are about to hork. Now you know how I feel about raw meat. I've always felt this way. It drives my parents crazy but I just can't shake it. I blame the cadavers I saw in college. I saw muscle and my brain said "that looks like a roast". I've been messed up ever since. However, that's a story for another day!

Carson wanted homemade meatballs for dinner on Sunday. I like the end result, just not the process. I said "great idea buddy....here, put this apron on!"

He was a trooper! I absolutely did not touch one ingredient. He made the dinner all by himself. I could get used to this!



Even better, he ate dinner like food was going out of style. Usually I have to coax my kids to eat. It was quite pleasant!

Tonight my friend and I got a pedicure. I'm loving it! Now my toes are ready for spring. I got sparkly red toes and my friend now has blue sparkly toes. She is pregnant with her first boy so she knew right away she needed blue polish. I wish I could afford to get a pedicure about every three weeks. Pedicures, hair dye, and eye brow waxing. Luxury life right there!

I had my toes painted red so I could look good in these:


I just got them and I think they are real purdy. :)

Since my kids are off track I'm trying to use time wisely. I've been doing some scout stuff with Carson. As part of a Webelos requirement, he had to make a poster showing how he could be a good citizen. We talked about it, read about it in his book, and then I let him loose with poster supplies. Here's what he did. It just makes me smile.


If this poster is true to life, and if it makes you a good citizen to say "you shouldn't do that" to somebody causing trouble, then I must be the gold standard citizen! I must say that phrase to my boys at least a dozen times a day! Oh yeah, where is my gold star??

7 comments:

fern said...

i love that the 'good citizen' looks like someone from tha'hood' -- boy that dates me!! great job on getting your kids to cook dinner!!

Sam said...

Those meatballs were delicious! Not more than when you make them but he did aaaaaaaalllright.

Yea, the poster is classic. When it's done hanging on the fridge we should tell him to take it to school and ask if he can hang it in a hallway somewhere.

lidst

Sam said...

Oh yea, your toes were exquisite! Especially in those shoes.

reschlow

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

All that girly-girl stuff you shunned when you were young is catching up with you. The photo of Sam, Carson, and Parker is way cool. Great blog!

Natalie said...

Judging by the poster and the big grin on the vandals face, it looks like he SHOULD be doing that because it's way more fun! The knark (or is it nark or gnark?) is the one with the un-fun face:)

atlanta desi said...

good...buddy..thanks