Monday, April 11, 2011

We Be Loyal

Carson asked me the other day what "Webelos" stood for, "cuz I forgot!". Without even thinking, I answered "We Be Loyal" and I said it like I was a gangsta. The sad thing, is that I thought I was right. I really thought it meant that. Sam patiently replied, "No, it stands for We'll Be Loyal Scouts". Oh yeah. I'm the worst.

Despite my lack of knowledge in the field of scout acronymns, Carson did earn his Webelos badge last week! We've been busy little bees regarding scouting so he earned quite a haul! He was supposed to pin the Webelos Mothers Pin on me, but the cub masters just gave us a baggie full of all his pins so here we are sorting through them to find the right pin. Nothing like standing in front of a room full of people trying to find a needle in a haystack! Oh, notice Carson's plaid scarf? Yeah, we didn't have a slide-thingy (I told you I stink at scout terms) so Sam just zip-tied it on him. I really wish I got a close up picture. It was just awesome!


Sam first tried using this metal...uh....thing...for Carson's scarf. It was too big. So he just let Cameron play with it. He stuck in on Cameron's ear and it kept the grumpy child happy all during pack meeting! My friend said he looked like Shrek and we should paint him green and he'd have a fabulous Halloween costume!


At one point all the scouts were supposed to draw something they have faith in. Here is Carson's drawing: "Cave of Faith Crystals". What the............?


You know why I love Spring? It snowed for 3 solid days last week....but we had zero accumulation! OH yeah!


On Saturday I "cashed" in a groupon deal I had purchased awhile ago. 3 hours of eco-friendly cleaning! SCORE! My blinds were dis-gust-a-pating. I never dust them because I never think about it, until they are so nasty that they require a slat-by-slat scrub down. So, I had my blinds, stove, kitchen floor, kitchen sink, and upstairs bathroom cleaned professionally. Just looking at my sparkling white blinds makes me smile. Now, if I could just remember to dust them regularly.....



This morning I was helping Cameron get dressed when I suddenly had the shivers. I looked up on his wall at a picture Carson taped there.....and freaked out! Somebody put that NASTY butterfly on his picture!!! I have no idea who did that!! Fern, Sam, or Carson....you are on my hit list until I get to the bottom of this! If you know me at all, you know I'm not a FAN of butterflies...


One of the best movie lines ever: In my world, everyone will eat rainbows, and poop butterflies! What's the movie??

7 comments:

Ellison's said...

That movie is Despicable ME!!!!! I have seen that movie plenty of times!!!

Natalie said...

Horton Hears a Who. "In MY world, everyone's a pony, and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

We be jammin' man!

I'm glad for no scout stuff so far in my life. I'll just be jealous of all the camp outs and hikes and fires.

fern said...

ugh! i should have known that movie-- carson and parker taught it to me- and you know i am master of remembering all movie lines!! hahahhaaaa - i didnt know you don't like flutterbys 8-)

Toni said...

I wish I even had one ounce of your sense of humor...

Ginger said...

How is it that we are two Mormon moms blogging about gangstas? Boys bring out the best in us! ;) I can't wait for scouts to start I think it will be fun to stand up there being the proud mom. It's so cute they have the mom do it.

Ginger said...

Actually, maybe that's where I got the word gangsta was you! Do you ever wonder how words pop in your head. It's funny because while they were being so naughty, I saw real gangtas and I thought, "my kids act like gangtas". I bet you taught me that.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Ugh on Scouts. I'm supposed to know it all for Primary, but there is TOOOOOO Much stuff to know. I even served as a den mom twice, and I'm still clueless. I guess it's a good thing I have girls (except for the pre teen drama going on as I speak). You are such a good mom to boys and you make me laugh.