Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ah Ha, Ya Burnt!

To understand my story, you have to understand the TV show, "30 Rock". Liz Lemon, played by Tina Fey, said this to one of her co-workers when he failed miserably in his contract negotiations:


Image of Ha ha ya burnt

I found that clip on the web. Good ol' web. I can't even remember what life was like before the internet! I swear I've blocked that part of my life out! ha ha! I was in college before I ever used the internet. Yes, I'm old.

Now onto my story.

The other day I woke up and had an overwhelming feeling of love and appreciation for my husband. I seriously love everything about him, all his quirks and his sense of humor. He is such a great guy! I called him at work to tell him how much I love him. He was kind of taken back--remember I'm preggers and grumpy a lot of the time! Kind of hesitant he says "Um, did you eat a cookie this morning?" I was totally confused and said "eh?" so he repeated himself. I told him NO, I did not eat a cookie this morning. He said "oh, okay....". So I took the container of cookies off the top of the fridge and opened it. This is what I found inside:


He had finished off the cookies and left that note for me so when I had a craving, I would be left unsatisfied! That's why he thought I was calling him! Oh man, I had a great belly laugh over that one. See what I mean? Sam is awesome!

In other news.

My friend gives me clothes that her son has outgrown for Parker. The other day she gave Parker this awesome robe. After his shower he struts around like he is mega macho. It's so funny!


This past Sunday we had a BBQ at Sam's brothers house to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. It was a most excellent time! Fern and Russ had access to a wheelchair for my nephew Jake so Russ brought the wheelchair to the BBQ....on his motorcycle! Fern was embarrassed but I thought it was cool, because, hey...people in China carry stuff on their motorcycles all the time!


My fun family on the Sweet side!












Seriously, such a great family I married into!

Okay, gotta run get my hair colored (halla-hulla!). My gray hair is such a bully!

1 comment:

Fern said...

Great pictures- greater story!!! I wasn't embarrassed though--- I challenged him cuz I truly didn't think he could put the chair on his bike!!! After 28 years of him being right- I should know better!!! :-).