Wednesday, August 24, 2011

For The Sake Of Jake...Fundraiser

This has been a bitter-sweet week for me. I just returned from Portland where I attended the funeral of my Uncle Phil Bell. He suffered with cancer for 3 years so it truly was a bitter-sweet experience. I loved seeing my aunts, uncles, and cousins and I am thankful my Uncle is not in pain anymore.

I returned home to the news that my 20 year old nephew, Jake, was given some sobering news from his doctor regarding the cancer he has fought for over a year: she believes he perhaps has 3 months left...could be more...could be less.



If you'd like to read about his journey, his mom has kept a wonderful blog: You can read it HERE.

As stated in the blog entry from today, August 24th, we are trying to raise money for them to take a family trip, a cruise. The cruise date is set for September 19th.

I am asking for your hearts to be opened and if you are willing to donate towards this vacation, Jake's family will be eternally grateful. I am collecting donations for the cause. Email me for more details: thecarrie.sweet at gmail.com.

Thank you so much!

Jake, Grandma Sweet, John (Jake's twin brother)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I kept thinking about Rose and her family last night. I'm praying for them.