Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2 1/2 Weeks Old

Lillie is only 2 1/2 weeks old, but it feels like she has been part of our family for years! Now, you could take that one of two ways.... Either it feels that way because she is such a welcome addition and we don't know how we got along without her, OR, I'm exhausted from 24-7 care and the days are such a blur it feels like I've been doing this job for years!

Okay, maybe it's a little bit of both....

Regardless, we are smitten, 100% smitten.

I usually am holding her and think "oh I need a picture of that face!" and the only camera within reach is my crappy cell phone camera. No, I don't have a fancy iphone yet. :) Here are a few shots I've taken lately wit my phone:

My friend gave me a swaddler for my baby shower. I seriously don't know how I got my newborns to sleep in the past without one of these bad boys! They hold her arms down and wrap her up nice and tight. Love it!


So girly!


Soaking up some sun. Don't you love how all newborns have frog legs? Cracks me up!


I texted this picture to Sam and his reply was "Creepy hands!" Okay, yes, her hands look a little Tyrannasauraus Rex, but look at those cheeks! How about those awesome eyes?? She can't help the fact that her fingers are abnormally long...one day those hands will be called elegant. :)


This picture is from today. She stretched and then just kept her hands above her head. Since the Superbowl is in a few weeks, I will title this picture "TOUCHDOWN!"


Onto other things...
Cameron brought this paper home from preschool today. What I SHOULD have said was "Hey Cameron, tell me about this picture?" but instead I said "Hey Cameron, this is an awesome cloud!". His reply: "It's not a cloud, it's a bunny!" ...sigh...


Cameron has been drawing this kid a lot on the magnadoodle. He draws it the exact same way every time, but each time he draws it he tells me it's somebody different....dad, Carson, Parker, Cameron... Parker and Cameron have never been big on drawing or coloring so for Cameron to draw this "kid", it makes me smile!


Speaking of that crazy kid Cameron, check out his actual face, not the magnadoodle kind. Seriously, he's a nut job!


With the help of Aunt Fern....major improvement! ha ha ha!!! Cameron just looked at this picture and said "OH, that is SO Aunt Fern!!"


I took Lillie to church this past Sunday. I know I should stay home longer but I had cabin fever in a bad way! It felt good to get out of this house!


My mom showed me some pictures yesterday of when I was a wee one. Guess what? My hair was this same reddish brown color! Verrrry eeeenterestiiing!


She looks like she has something to say. I hope it's a witty reply to something her brothers said...she's going to need a quick wit to be the only girl. Either that or some long fingernails for a good defense...right Curtis? I think he has scars from my attacks when we were young 'uns.

3 comments:

fa-ern said...

such cute picures!! except camerons -- that one scared me!! has she tried on all her clothes yet? see you friday??

Natalie said...

What a sweetie! And so much hair! I'm still so thrilled about your girl:)

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

You cray-cray Carrie, cabin fever at 2 weeks?! Shoot, I'd be milking that for all it's worth.

I love seeing how you are with a girl. It's fun to get a different gender and to compare and contrast the differences. Congrats on the cute girl. And that Cameron cracks me up.