Thursday, March 29, 2012

Knock Knock. Who's There?

VAMPIRE!

Do you get it? Neither do I, but that is Cameron's answer to EVERY knock knock joke.

Here's some updates on Lillie Belle:
Remember Lillie's birth announcement? Well, I actually got a bunch of pictures done that day. Here are a few more:





Not sure why her bottom lip was all sucked in like that. ha ha!

Yesterday we took Lillie to Photo Works at the University Mall in Orem and got her picture taken with her blessing dress. Remember, this was my wedding dress. :) She was a little stinker and wouldn't really smile, but at least she's not screaming, right?







I'm so glad we got her blessing pictures taken before she grew right out of this dress! She is chunking up in a major way!

Lillie is pretty funny. She's a good baby, but lately it seems like she just wants to be held constantly, which is hard when I have 3 other children and I work from home. I'm still working on finding the perfect balance. :)

The other day I sat her in the bumbo chair. At first she was like "uh, what do you think you are doing??"


Then she was like "OH NO YOU DI'INT!"


So I gave her a binky and told her to quit being so dramatic. She finally chilled out and waited patiently for me to pick her up again.


After I tortured her for long enough, I laid her on a blanket. She promptly fell asleep and turned into a pirate. ARGGHHHH!


Onto other things...

About a week ago I noticed Carson was developing a serious bad attitude about everything: reading, practicing the piano, chores, even the way he was talking to us. I told him if he coud have a good attitude for an entire week I would let him buy (with his own money!) a Lego Ninjago watch I saw at Walmart for $16. You might think I'm crazy because why on earth would that motivate him since he has to use his own money? Well, crazy I am, but it worked. We've had the best week ever!

Mixed into this week was the Regional Science Fair that Carson had to re-do his display board for. It was a lot of work but he kept a great attitude the whole time. Sam was helping him one night and CArson disappeared upstairs for a minute and came back downstairs with a cookie in a baggie with a note to his dad:


So nice of him! More on the science fair in a moment.

Last week the downtown construction FINALLY came to an end. I think it took 4 years to complete the City Creek Center. We went and checked it out. It was AMAZING!
There was this "statue" hanging around, but it was really a live person. She was incredible, hardly ever moving. My kids were SOOOOO embarrassed because I made them get a picture with her.


The fountains were a favorite hang out spot.


The sky bridge over Main Street is cool because it has benches in there AND you can sit on either side of the bench so if you want, you can watch the trains and people below:


Plus they have a Disney store, which was super great. My kids had a blast!
After City Creek, we checked out the new Harmons grocery store across State Street. This place is so nice! Lots of places to eat on the 2nd floor, plus a cooking school. Whatever happened to going to the store for a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of buttah? heheheh


Carson got his Scholarship Merit Badge at a Court of Honor the other night. He also lead the 11 year old scouts in the pledge of allegiance. He was nervous, but did it anyway. Atta boy!



Back to the Regional Science Fair.
Yesterday Carson competed at the Central Utah Science and Engineering Fair at BYU. It was so much fun! We didn't get to see him while he was being judged and interviewed, so that's when we got Lillie's pictures taken. Multi-task? Yes please!

Here he is with his display board and certificate. He was honored for having a creative question of "What blocks a magnet?". He didn't place at Regional, but DANG, we are so happy he made it this far! He is awesome!


That's all for now folks!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Who tranformed your wedding dress into a baby blessing dress? What a fun idea. Too bad your little girl spit up on it, I hope it can be washed.

Fern said...

Awww. I just love these pictures!!

Natalie said...

What a sweetie that girl is.

And congrats to Carson! I think it's time to buy him a white scientist coat.

Toni said...

arghhh......hahahahahaha Love it!