Monday, January 23, 2006

Frankly Speaking


Today I attended the funeral of a wonderful person. His name was Frank Newman. He was my sister-in-law's ex father-in-law. It was pretty humbling because last Saturday he ordained my nephew a Deacon, and then 4 days later he passed away. I left his funeral wanting to be a better person. In his whole life, he only borrowed money one time: $500 from his sister. Everything else was paid with cash. He was really hard working and motivated. I wonder how I can teach my kids the value of hard work...

On a lighter note, I chopped my hair tonight. The back isn't even an inch long. I love it. I also colored it so now I don't have to listen to people's "gray hair" comments. Phew!

Here is a picture of Carson sitting by "Douglas Fir". He is so scared of this tree. It's motion sensitive so when you walk past him, his eyes light up green and he talks and sings super loud. Carson is being so brave! Look at his hands all clasped together. Pretty funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I'm waiting for a picture of your new look to be on your blog so I can see the new you. Good job starting a blog!

Carrie said...

Okay, look at the newest posting.