Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Kami and Ben, Sitting In A Tree....

K-I-S-S-I-N-G....

From now on, when somebody asks Kami what her last name is, she is going to have to say "Petty, you know, like Tom Petty?" Because I'm free! Free fallin'....

Yep, the youngest of the Oram clan is now a newly wed. How fun for her!! Actually, how fun for me too because I got to go to my favorite location, the Pacific Northwest, and party with my family!

After reading Cody and Nalani's blog, I clearly have some good blogs to follow.

The day before the wedding my family decided to head to Seattle for a little touristy stuff. I think I've been to this troll under the bridge like 100 times, but Darren said he'd never been there! How is that possible?? Anyway, we went again so he could see it. My mom posed my dad like this and I thought it was funny! It sort of reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock...


If you've never driven through the Wallingford area of Seattle, you should.
Very strange, yet very interesting. Here is a store front in Wallingford... Need I say more?


Kami picked a great day to get married because springtime in Seattle usually brings rain, but when she came out of the temple, the clouds parted and we had sunshine!!
Sam and I are precious.


Karmen did the flowers. She taught us a life lesson! Did you know that you should never hold your bouquet of flowers straight up and down? "Point your blooms towards the camera!" she kept reminding us. Here is Maile, me and Nalani demonstrating how much better your flowers look if you follow Karmen's advice!


Here is the Oram family. Aren't they a good looking group? Basically, this is my second family--I love you guys!!


After the wedding, we headed to Daurell and Jana's house for the luncheon. It was good and good for the funny bones because as always, we CACKLE when we are together! I sort of feel bad for people who aren't used to our loud laughter, but we've only scared a few away so far...


Sam and Darren found a rope swing at Daurell and Jana's so Darren captured this awesome action shot of Sam!


After the luncheon, we had a little time before the reception, so we went to the Kirkland water front. This was pretty close to our hotel, so a big THANKS to Nalani for hookin' us up.


Darren trying to be GQ! Nerd! Can you see the Seattle skyline in the background?


The reception was so fun. It was held at a friends house in Redmond. It had a beautiful view, and Susan was fine too!


Kris, what is wrong with smiling? My cousin Kris was unable to make the last Washington trip for our Grandpa's funeral. We were very happy that he made it to the wedding!


Check out Kami and Ben's cake!! It was just as tasty as it looked too!


Our final day in Washington we headed back into Seattle. We found Gas Works Park after driving around for quite awhile, but it was worth it! There is a huge hill in the middle of the park and I paid Darren and Sam a dollar to roll down the hill...and they did it! Suckers, I would have paid them 5 dollars!!





I took this picture of Sam and I thought it was kind of artsy-fartsy. I have no clue who those kids are, but it kind of makes the picture funnier...


Here is Darren posing by the brass pig at Pike's Place Market. I tried to get Darren to climb on the pig, but he wouldn't. Probably a good thing too, weird things happen when you climb that pig...check out Karmen and Nalani climbing that pig!


I'll tell you what WASN'T fun, leaving Seattle at 4:00am and driving all day back to Salt Lake. But guess what is worse than that?? We got back to Salt Lake at 7:00pm and Darren and Susan had to get out of my van and into their car and drive to Rexburg, which is another 4 hours!! Oh man, that must have sucked!!! Ha Ha Ha.

It was a wonderful weekend, congratulations again to Ben and Kami Petty!!!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Good update, Carrie. Great memories! Especially 17 hours in a car.

Anonymous said...

great update!!! i love the pictures of you and sam- thanks for letting me have fun with the boys while you were gone!

Indiana Clark's said...

Lots of fun pictures!!!

Sarah said...

Great update...you all look so pretty in pink! Kinda made me want a do-over of my wedding (the colors, not the groom!)

Darren Clark said...

so, how did you get the photograph of Sam from my camera?

Carrie said...

Darren,
Sam put your memory card into his PDA to look at your pictures. He saved a few and the rope swing picture was one of them.

Anonymous said...

Sam is busted--you know how photographers feel about people stealing their photos!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Darren, I didn't even think about that. I should have said something...

Thomas said...

I love the pic of your dad by that rock. Good Times to be had by the Clarks.

karmen said...

What a fun update!! It was great seeing you - thanks for all your guys help with the flowers! Your a natural!!