Monday, April 02, 2007

New Countertops...Finally!!

Well, these past few days have been very busy. We demolished our old tile countertops and had new laminate countertops installed today. I love the end result! Next up will be getting the backsplash installed by Sam-I-Am the Fix-It-Man!
Here is the progression...






The guy who installed our countertops made me a little leary. He showed up in a pimped out monster truck, he was chewin' tobacco (made me think of my days working at NAPA auto parts), and at one point he was laying under the sink area to screw down the counter tops and every time he screwed something in, he farted! Plus, I walked by at one point and saw some serious plumbers crack (Credit card...SWIPE!). But the end result was beautiful so all his flaws just made me laugh!


What do you think we did with our old countertop? Well, for now, it's serving as a slide/play area for the kids. Here is the scene I found this afternoon!


Now that I have a countertop without grout, I'm ready to master the art of Artisan Bread! Cathy, I know you read this blog sometimes...come over and share your wisdom anytime!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome!! I speak a slice of artisan bread. With this beautiful weather maybe we ought to leave the indoor projects until after the Washington trip and just work outside!!

Holly Strong said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the backsplash done too!!!! And those resourceful kids of yours. Too cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good update Carrie. I can't wait to get that backsplash on and finish it all up.

Susan said...

Looks so nice!

Anonymous said...

I know that you love b.c.- that image will stick with you every time you make artisan bread ;-) ha!! and please don't let parker chew on your cc anymore!! love the counters!!

Jana S.Bell said...

so if you master making any kind of bread I want a demo ESPECIALLY artisan bread

Sarah said...

Love the countertops! I think the countertops are way TOO nice to ever cook on, but thats just me...

Indiana Clark's said...

I really like your counter tops! Very nice. -Kim