Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Past 48 Hours...I Think I Need A Vacation!

Good thing we're heading to Seattle this week because we need a break!! The past few days have been so busy so let's get right to it, shall we?

There is an Easter tradition I don't really care for...coloring eggs. It's messy and then the eggs just rot in my fridge. But, until the kids are grown I have a feeling that I'm stuck doing the tradition. After the eggs were hard boiled, Carson smelled every one of them to insure they were not rotten and then he'd give me a "thumbs up" approval. Yes, I was grossed out.



I invited a few people over to color the eggs because the more they did, the less I had to do. Sorry, Fern, this is the only picture I took of the coloring project, I'll bet you were saying "Ug, why did I have to show up at the same time Carrie was coloring eggs?" hee hee.


A bunch of people from my neighborhood decided to get together and have an Easter egg hunt. There is a nature preserve area next to our local park. Lots of sagebrush so lots of great places for plastic eggs to hide! A good time was had by all!




Last night, Sam and our friend, Ryan Jones, removed our old furnace and put a new furnace in its place. I had no idea what a huge project that is! Thank goodness for great friends! It's step #1 to getting central air. I'm pretty dang excited! For 5 years I've lived in the desert with nothing but a swamp cooler! We all know what happens when I get hot....I get CRANKY! So this summer I should be lots nicer to all ya'll!

This morning (Saturday) Carson and Parker woke up all excited because they had to find their Easter Baskets (The bunny comes on Saturday). I love the baskets I found this year, lots of froo froo (is that even a word?)



Then Carson gave Parker his own private "easter egg hunt". Notice how Parker is right behind Carson? Carson would "hide" an egg and Parker would grab it right after he hid it and put it in the basket. Very funny.


Today's big project was to create a cement pad for the air conditioning condenser to sit on. How many guys does it take to mix cement? Right after this picture was taken, my dad about had a concussion. See that metal drill that Sam and my dad are holding? Well, that swung around when Sam turned it on and knocked my dad right in the forehead. I felt so bad! One Band-Aid later, and things were okay.



Sadly, that wasn't the only injury of the day. Parker tripped down the cement stairs that lead to our backyard and split his chin open. So, while Sam and my dad finished the cement pad, I hung out at Instacare with Parker. He was so brave! This is his first experience with stitches.

5 stiches later, all is well (except I was sort of queazy for the rest of the evening, I could see his bone when they were irrigating the wound...gag...)


The cement pad looks great and so does my hubby!


Tonight Sam pressed the kids' handprints into the cement. On Monday Sam and Ryan will finish hooking everything up and then I will be as cold as I want to be in July and August!!!



Happy Easter tomorrow everybody! Say a little prayer for me because Sam and I are speaking in Sacrament meeting tomorrow. **GULP**

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch, gosh dang it! Dad C

Rose said...

Enjoy the Easter eggs stuff while you can! I could not talk Spencer on going on any Easter Egg hunts this year, except for the one we do in the back yard. I put some $1 bills in some eggs to make it a little more exciting for the boys. I told them, "you never know, there could be a $100 bill in one." That got them looking like crazy. Zack told the other boys that he had found the $100 egg (ya right, like we would put $100 in an Easter Egg hunt!) Michael was so depressed that he didn't find the $100, he wouldn't eat our sirloin fillets (his favorite meat ever). I told him I was just pulling his leg about the $100 and he told me I was mean. lol

Good luck with your talks! At least President Hinckley and Foust aren't there this time! lol

Anonymous said...

Those talks were incredible. And getting to sit with the boys was a treat, too. Now, we just have to get through the next two days...

Anonymous said...

great blog! i should just get used to pictures with me pulling some weird face! i missed doing eggs with my kids- and hiding them in the yard- sigh.... the kids getting old just stinks!!

Amy said...

Man you guys really have been busy. If you ever need help Russ is good at most anything. (You like that I offer him to help. He really is good at mixing cement. When we were first married he used my electric hand mixer. Nice I know! He has learned a lot since that incident. I love Easter. The things you tell about your boys are funny. I would be laughing all of the time if my girls were that funny. I am sorry we missed your talks. I am sure you both did an excellent job. If you guys would like, I was thinking when the weather gets better we should have a BBQ.
I hope you guys have a good time in Seattle! It sounds like you need the break.

Anonymous said...

you've been home 12 hours.... update already ; ) hehehe