Sunday, April 29, 2007

Summer Has Begun At My House!

What do you do in the summertime? We work like crazy until everything hurts, even our hair!

Here's what we did on Saturday:
Loaded up 40 bags of cow poop in our van--yep, Sam is freaking out because there is still evidence left in the van!


I'm slowly learning that you can't just plant your flowers in the spring and expect them to flourish. No no my friend, you have to do some soil prep work FIRST! Check our how depleted our dirt was? It's all clay that is rock hard, welcome to Utah! In Seattle everything you planted survived! I remember when my dad bought 50 tree saplings and planted them in the backyard, thinking that half would die (we had just moved to Seattle from Idaho)and they ALL survived. We had quite the forest in the back yard!


Meanwhile, Sam's friend gave him a trampoline on Saturday. I was completely surprised because last year I wanted a trampoline and Sam put his foot down and said they were dangerous and he refused to get one (sadly, he's right...I broke my elbow on a trampoline...ever hear that story? hee hee). Anyway, I guess his friend got him in a weak moment because he agreed to it. My boys sure are happy about it! Carson is jumping with the sprinkler under the tramp. Oh man, that brings back memories!



Then we headed to my parent's house for some good ol' Carl-Clark-hamburgers on the grill! Carson took this picture:


As we were preparing dinner, I heard Carson laughing and giggling. I walked onto the deck and heard him say: Now the dog has to smell the hippo's breath!
I guess it's better than making them "hump" because those days can't be far off! I choose to appreciate his innocence now! I had a good laugh!!


After the burgers, we came home to spread the cow poop into our flower beds. The kids played on the tramp, of course. We moved the tramp over by the kids swingset. So now, they can jump from the swingset, onto the trampoline, and SPLAT onto the cement on the other side of the tramp. Any bets on who will achieve this stunt first?


Check out this lilac bush in my backyard!! Every time I go into the yard I can smell them and they are dreamy!!


Now check out my good looking flower beds with their new "fertilizer". I bet they are so happy right now!!!




Now check out Sam-I-Am the raking man!


Finally, way past the kids' bedtime, I went outside to get them off the tramp and they were just laying down enjoying the night. Precious!


On a side note, I'm so glad we have central air now because today was 88 degrees and it was hot! I loved that I could walk inside to a cool 70 degrees! I really would not have survived as a pioneer!

9 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Sam didn't want a trampoline because of all the tragedies that took place on the Morfin's tramp. I got bounced into the air and fell right on my tail bone on a patch of ice (don't ask me whey we were jumping on a tramp in the dead of winter), and I also got bounced and landed my crotch right on the bar; I am surprised I was able to have a baby.

Sarah said...

Carrie..everything is looking so good already! Maybe you couldn't have made it a cros the plains, but you definitely would have helped the desert blossom like a rose!!

Amelia said...

my what lovely poop you have there

Susan said...

It looks awesome! We need to do the same thing. My boys are definitely going to want to come to your house when they find out you have a trampoline.

Anonymous said...

The lilac photo is awesome--guess that's what bags of poop will achieve!! Now when Carson comes in after jumping on the trampoline and says he has broken something--listen...

Indiana Clark's said...

What's a Utah Morman family without a trampoline? Have the kids tried jumping off the house yet? They will.

Indiana Clark's said...

Can Sam come out with Dad to help with the room addition? That would be sweet. Get it? Michael

Carrie said...

Guess what Mike? Sam IS coming with DAD!!! He just purchased his tickets. Don't party too hard without me though!

Anonymous said...

way to make a decision sam!!