Thursday, May 03, 2007

Big Day for Parker!

I bought Parker's first pair of flip flops yesterday. Aren't they so little and cute?!


I put them on his feet and he took one step, the shoe went flying, and he FREAKED out and threw himself on the ground crying. It was quite the temper tantrum. So Carson and I put our flip flops on and started walking back and forth in front of him. When he saw that we had achieved the impossible, he said "I want my flip flops on" in a really sad/mad/pitful/defiant voice. I put them back on his feet and he managed to walk around the living room pretty good. Well, "pretty good" might be bragging a little. To be perfectly honest, he looks like Frankenstein with really bad arthritis when he walks, but at least he keeps them on his feet!

This morning he woke up and the first thing he said was "I want my flip flops on!" So here he is, in all his stars and stripes glory (Nalani, you may feel the need to pledge allegiance to his pj's) with his new shoes on. Kids are always good for a story!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it!! that is (one of the many) the picture that he will cuss you for taking and then you will never hear the end of it... 'I turned out like this because you dressed me like that...' what would even be better -if you all had matching pj's!! hehehe

Anonymous said...

They curl up on the ends--that would take some getting used to. Such a cute kid--he must be related!!

Holly Strong said...

Those are ADORABLE. And Parker makes them look even cuter :) I can't wait to see him in them.

Curtis and Shandy said...

The flip flops should definately help Parker with his clumsiness. I bet for sure now he will stop tripping.

Anonymous said...

Parker is lucky,I don't get to wear flip flops at my school! I can't wait untill school is out!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

you must be really busy- no updates... we both need to slow down and go get a pedicure or something fun!