Friday, May 11, 2007

A Little Bit Of This, A Little Bit Of That...

Where did this past week go?? It's been really busy, but not "blog-worth busy". Unless you want me to talk about how glad I am that Lakisha was voted off as well as Billy Ray Cyrus...

Well, here's a little insight into my week:

Carson and Parker are still obsessed about the movie "Cars", even though it's been out for about a year. Sam found these fun toy cars and my boys have been having a blast with them! Parker sleep with them, jumps on the trampoline with them, and carries them to the store with him! Simple pleasures are the best!


Parker has developed a horrible rash all over his body. When I called the doctor's office, they asked a few questions and said it's a fluke and should be gone within 2 weeks. In the meantime, he looks so sad because his face looks really sunburnt and splotchy!


Here are some pictures Carson took the other night as they were playing on the trampoline. I really like the picture of himself. SCARY!:



I had my visiting teachers come over the other day. We were talking about perspective and not getting upset about things that don't really matter. Between my 2 visiting teachers and myself, there were 5 children playing in my backyard during this lesson. As we finished, we went outside and the 5 kids had picked all my "snowballs" off my snowball bush as far up as they could reach! I was laughing so hard and said: Good thing we had that lesson about putting things into perspective! The bush will bloom again next year!! haa haa haa!



Yesterday Carson had his Kindergarten Testing - which I don't really know what that means, but I'm guessing they want to be sure he learned something this year. Here is Carson's "worried look" right before we went to his school. Notice his "lucky necklace"? The teacher didn't give me much feedback after the test except "he did fine and knew the answers". So, watch out 1st grade, here he comes!


And finally, I could tell Carson was sneaking up behind me yesterday while I was working so I turned around and he had the camera ready. Here is my "what are you doing" expression.


I don't have pictures for this, but I have all my spent tulips cut down, my flower beds are all full of composted manure, and I'm ready to do my summer planting. Guess what I'll be doing on Saturday? Yep, I'll be planting flowers. If anybody is bored, come over and say "hi" because I'm sure I'll be hot and ready for a break! :)

Tonight I'm going to see Spiderman 3 with Sam. Has anybody seen it? Is it hard to understand? I don't like being confused at the movies, as many of you know!

2 comments:

Natalie Service said...

Don't hate on the ghetto bootie from Michigan. Some people might think you're talking about me! But it's a relief the coyboy is gone.

Your boys are adorable. You're such a good mom - not even flinching at the snowball disaster! And it's ok, we all know that after the RS women left, you took the boys behind the shed and whipped 'em both with a switch they had to pick themselves!

There is nothing wrong with asking "I don't get it, what's going on" questions every two or three minutes in a movie theater. Ian likes it when I ask. Every time I ask another question, he squeezes my hand tighter and tighter. It's sweet! ;)

Anonymous said...

mel thought spiderman was 'lame-O' the kids keep telling me that i need to go see disturbia- if you haven't seen it, lets get mel to watch the kids and go this weekend!i can't believe you didn't tell me about the snowball bush when i saw you this weekend... that is hilarious!!